• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TCB shows TKL what being an MAN is all about!

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah man...come clean, no-frills and straightforward. No more old bedroom tales over how difficult it was to make the choice and the inner struggles etc. It shows his lack of confidence and the need to get ready a backstage ladder in advance as insurance cover in case the plan fails. When decision is made, it should be a strong YES and let the whole world knows he wants to do it, nothing else. :biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is funny how fast the erection lessons are forgotten. The SDA Desmond is almost exact same sob story selling and accuse other people sabo him make threaten phone call? Some is like what TKL seems to want to sell now. And what happen to SDA Desmond? It is obvious sinkies don't want this kind of story telling.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
If TKL wants one opponent against TT and it's TCB, he wouldn't even need to meet TCB. He can just announce that he is pulling out

If TKL wants to meet TCB, the only obvious reason is he wants that one opponent against TT to be himself.

TKL seriously thinks he stands a better chance than TCB against TT? Goodness.

The strategy of the 3 men should be as follows:
For TT, to sell himself as non-PAP since he looks like the most PAP. PAP votes would mostly be solidly behind him and he may get some opposition votes.
For TCB, he should sell himself as a neutral. By default he can only get less PAP votes than TT and opposition votes are uncertain between him and TKL. Aim is to get more PAP votes and more opposition votes.
For TKL, sell both his opponents as PAP. Since he can get nearly nothing of the PAP votes, the only way is to aim to get more opposition votes than TCB.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
If TKL wants one opponent against TT and it's TCB, he wouldn't even need to meet TCB. He can just announce that he is pulling out... ...If TKL wants to meet TCB, the only obvious reason is he wants that one opponent against TT to be himself. TKL seriously thinks he stands a better chance than TCB against TT? Goodness.

Yeap, very underhanded and sly tactics. However, blasted into pieces by TCB one punch no-holds barred response!

"I'm not the kind of person who announces that I'm going to run, then after that decides not to. If I've made up my mind, nothing is going to change it,"

breakingfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeap, very underhanded and sly tactics. However, blasted into pieces by TCB one punch no-holds barred response!

"I'm not the kind of person who announces that I'm going to run, then after that decides not to. If I've made up my mind, nothing is going to change it,"

I dont really like TKL's style...very calculating...Wan to do, but dont dare to say it out. "My friend hor, he tell me this and that, so I would like to do this and that". Using his "invisible friends" as shield and decoy to "test water".

The a/m case is a classic, hiding behind some "unknown" to voice his message, which is "hinting" to TCB to stepdown. From my limited experiences, this type of person, his number 1 fear will be the loss of "face". He most prob cant take much criticism from other people also. But the plus pt will be he can proves himself to be outstanding in any post

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
First question first, I'm still wondering how TCB is going to qualify for the eligibility cert. I don't recall him having been a minister or headed any hundred-million-dollar listed corporation. That said, even TKL is at risk of disqualification if they insist that a co-operative is not a listed corporation.

Last edited:

nontan

Always like to question and answer himself, i.e. someone, some friends, a reader etc. :biggrin::*:

He keeps saying that someone has approached to do this or that. People seem to run his life. Now someone has asked him to talk to TCB. Who are these people? His art of politics is poor.

He mentions that his friend Vijey is contacting someone to translate his campaign stuff in Tamil and then his friend Zaini is translating his stuff in Malay. Presumably it's his way to indicate that he has Indian and Malay friends and thus is acceptable cross culturally. I was wondering if he was going to wish Glenn Ong and Jean Danker well for their wedding to show that he is supportive of Eurasians as both of them have Eurasian parents.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
First question first, I'm still wondering how TCB is going to qualify for the eligibility cert. I don't recall him having been a minister or headed any hundred-million-dollar listed corporation. That said, even TKL is at risk of disqualification if they insist that a co-operative is not a listed corporation.

Dr Tan Cheng Bock is the non-executive Chairman of Chuan Hup Holdings which has a paid up capital of more than $100million. It is this appointment that qualifies him for the EP.

Dr Tan also served 2 years as an independent Director of ING Private Bank after he retired as an MP. These are the key private corporate appointments that he held.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan Cheng Bock is the non-executive Chairman of Chuan Hup Holdings which has a paid up capital of more than $100million. It is this appointment that qualifies him for the EP.

Dr Tan also served 2 years as an independent Director of ING Private Bank after he retired as an MP. These are the key private corporate appointments that he held.

Thanks for the info. :smile:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the info. :smile:

sharingan83

Alfrescian
Loyal
When asked by reporters on his views about Tony contesting, he welcomed it in the name of democracy.
If asked whether he was concerned about such a strong opponent, he said that he had fought 6 elections and was not concerned.

That's typical straightforward and bold. No praise of former pap ministar, no subtle dig at him or the pap, slight boast about the election thing, which is actually true.

When TKL was asked the same thing, his reply was that Tony had been associated with the pap government for more than 20 years and would be a good choice for people who want stability in policies.

The hard core supporters of both candidates won't realise it, but the neutrals should be able to see the differences in their responses.

Just realised there is a hidden message when TCB said he has fought and won 6 elections.

How many elections has TT actually fought? TT was in Sembawang GRC which according to wikipedia

"Since its creation in 1988, the GRC [Sembawang] has been held by the People's Action Party and it has been uncontested at every general election until the general election in 2006. It is the electoral division in Singapore with the largest number of voters. The Group Representation Constituency was led by Tony Tan until his retirement in 2006."

TT has never needed to fight in any elections...

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB got the balls to questioned LKY for his involvement in SIA-pilots dispute.

tan-cheng-bock-questions-lee-kuan-yew.jpg

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/tan-cheng-bock-questions-lee-kuan-yew

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyoh, TCB so garang... no wonder never made it to cabinet hehehehe... drop LKY's pampered balls, sure kena mark!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyoh, TCB so garang... no wonder never made it to cabinet hehehehe... drop LKY's pampered balls, sure kena mark!

They are all from the same mould, give them the $4million they will say, what they do is immeasurable!! & forgets what they are mumbling about now. Money, Power & Sex corrupts!!

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are all from the same mould, give them the $4million they will say, what they do is immeasurable!! & forgets what they are mumbling about now. Money, Power & Sex corrupts!!

Disagree completely with you on this point with respect to Dr Tan Cheng Bock. If he wanted to rise up in PAP, he would have already done so long time ago. His classmate in RI was ESM Goh, yet Dr Tan remains a vocal back bencher throughout his parliamentary career. I don't think its due to his lack of capability but more for his independent views and refusal to toe the line.

Some things in life cannot be bought. A man with good character for so many years in his life is not about to sell his soul away in the twilight of his life. Dr Tan has already achieved much in his life and have more than enough to go by. The $4m or whatever is not going to make that much of a difference to him.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disagree completely with you on this point with respect to Dr Tan Cheng Bock. If he wanted to rise up in PAP, he would have already done so long time ago. His classmate in RI was ESM Goh, yet Dr Tan remains a vocal back bencher throughout his parliamentary career. I don't think its due to his lack of capability but more for his independent views and refusal to toe the line.

Some things in life cannot be bought. A man with good character for so many years in his life is not about to sell his soul away in the twilight of his life. Dr Tan has already achieved much in his life and have more than enough to go by. The $4m or whatever is not going to make that much of a difference to him.

Let's see!, the proof is in the pudding, provided that he can get there, if not he will be another Don. Q battling the windmill...money will diffuse what's the fire in the belly...it is when you are hungry, you fight!

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
if situation come 2 tis when we 1 avoid a 3-corner election.
if either tan kl or tan cb has got 2 give way
i wld suggest tan kl withdraw coz he's has suggested he dont have d "funds" 2 stand 4 d pe.

For the sake of all who do not want to see TT in Istana, we should welcome TKL's decision to pull out rather then belittle him.

The battle against TT is not an easy fight. The weight of the MSM and the sheer number of Singaporeans who vote on the basis of TT's standing and previous high government post will make it a monumental task to win this election for Dr Tan Cheng Bock. Therefore, one less candidate in this fight will improve the odds immeasurably and allow an outcome that will see a candidate winning an outright majority and higher moral standing when there is a need to present a different approach from the government in any issue.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Make sense.

Some things in life cannot be bought. A man with good character for so many years in his life is not about to sell his soul away in the twilight of his life. Dr Tan has already achieved much in his life and have more than enough to go by.

Make sense.

The $4m or whatever is not going to make that much of a difference to him.

Not much of a difference? That's naive.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not much of a difference? That's naive.

Look at the incumbent. I don't think he will have much time to benefit personally from the $4m/year. Is it worth it to make those mega bucks just to leave it for the descendants, at the expense of your life long work and reputation? Maybe his book will reveal the wisdom of his choice.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
waiting to c 'plant' photos of this clown TKL in stomp reading ST/TNP/Today on a bus/mrt train/ntuc income taxi/hdb coffee shop/buddhist temple/hindu temple/mosque/church etc!!

He keeps saying that someone has approached to do this or that. People seem to run his life. Now someone has asked him to talk to TCB. Who are these people? His art of politics is poor.

He mentions that his friend Vijey is contacting someone to translate his campaign stuff in Tamil and then his friend Zaini is translating his stuff in Malay. Presumably it's his way to indicate that he has Indian and Malay friends and thus is acceptable cross culturally. I was wondering if he was going to wish Glenn Ong and Jean Danker well for their wedding to show that he is supportive of Eurasians as both of them have Eurasian parents.