• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taylor swift concert may cause stadium to collapse

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Jerusalem Post
Follow

Taylor Swift fans shake it off hard enough to cause an earthquake​

Story by By JERUSALEM POST STAFF • 6h ago

1690764156224.png

American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour in Arlington, Texas, April 2, 2023.
American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour in Arlington, Texas, April 2, 2023.© (photo credit: Wikimedia Commons)

Taylor Swift fans, known as Swifties, did more than just shake it off during her Eras Tour concert at Lumen Field last weekend, causing seismic activity equivalent to a 2.3-magnitude earthquake.
Seismologist Jackie Caplan-Auerbach, a geology professor at Western Washington University, first became aware of the earth-shaking event in a Facebook group she monitors about Pacific Northwest earthquakes.
She immediately got to work analyzing the data from the two Seattle shows that took place on July 22 and July 23.
“I grabbed 10 hours of data, from when doors opened to well after I thought the audience had gone home, and I just plotted them out to see how the ground shook,” she told Seattle’s King 5 news.
The data showed that not only did the ground shake, but it shook in an almost identical pattern matching a beat each night.
“I grabbed the data from both nights of the concert and quickly noticed they were clearly the same pattern of signals,” she told CNN. “If I overlay them on top of each other, they’re nearly identical.”

American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour in Arlington, Texas, April 2, 2023 (credit: Wikimedia Commons)
American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour in Arlington, Texas, April 2, 2023 (credit: Wikimedia Commons)© Provided by The Jerusalem Post
American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift on the Eras Tour in Arlington, Texas, April 2, 2023 (credit: Wikimedia Commons