• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxpayer money wasted on inefficient allocation of buses to routes

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]TAXPAYER MONEY WASTED ON INEFFICIENT ALLOCATION OF BUSES TO ROUTES[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
14 Jul 2014 - 9:52pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Dear TheRealSingapore,
I am writing to you today is because I've had enough of SBS Transit's nonsense. I am a resident living at the kovan area. There was once i saw 3 double deckers on SBS Transit Bus Service 119 going past me all empty while the bus service that i take SBS Transit Bus Service 113 is very crowded during peak hours.
Even the commuters complained that 119 DDs are a waste of taxpayer's money. I totally agree with that. I work so hard for a living and yet i am there watching my money going down into the drains.
Why deploy double-deckers to bus services which do not need it and bus services who need it do not get them? SBS Transit has also emphasized on the deployment of double-decker buses, saying that operating the double-decker buses are 2x the operating costs and it is inefficient to run them on crowded bus services like SBS Transit Bus No.113. Been a resident here at kovan for many years, 113 is always fully packed to the door but 119 goes very empty.
Even if a double-decker on 119 came, nobody moves up. Is this what SBS Transit wants? They always emphasize on the operating costs leading to fare hikes. Is this bus service one of the major causes for the fare hikes? Making empty buses go around then adding more buses to it?
People can be heard saying about SBS Transit's biasness and neglect against SBS Transit bus no.113. I've been complaining to SBS Transit and my MP but both ways dosent work. Even our MP knows about this matter.
I hope SBS Transit can reflect on their actions and improve bus no.113. It's been years since this bus service gets a slight improvement even though all those single deck buses get full to the door easily.

KovanResident
TRS Contributor