• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxis must ply 250km daily from 2013

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joker talking through his ass. There are a number private bus services that pick up passengers along places like Robinson road to the suburbs.
These are very restricted to protect the bus duopoly. Why you think so many people have to squeeze into MRT during peak hours?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About those alternative buses,,many moons ago,,I took 1 private bus with the same bus number as SBS,,but it was run by a private operator,,they only run certain times of the day and plough the same routes,,,it seems they supplemented the SBS crap,,and it was fast, efficient and cheaper than SBS..and after awhile, I agar agar know the timing of when it comes,,,and always try my best to take it,,so there are private operators which help make public commute easier,,but as with any GLC, the transport companies have gone into rent seeking behaviour and screw things up for the rest of us.

Why can we follow HK example? Trains and buses, small buses etc, compete with each other and there are alternatives to get to point B.

In singkieland,,MRT will not allow the buses to compete on the same route with MRT, but we all know now,,,the population has increased by leaps and bounds..there is so much room for this competition to occur,,but its not happening due the rent seeking behaviour and rent seeking maximisation policies.
We all say that Lui TY is clearing up the mess of the previous Ministar,,however he can solve the problems,,but he is doing nothing to solve it as it will displease the oligarchs,,

He can now implement duplicate routes etc but why wont he do it?? Cos he is under the control of Leegine and protecting his own rice bowl. And he is incompetent. I feel at this stage for things to change, PAP and the oligarchs have to go,,,but that means, SIngkies have to work up the courage to vote PAP out,,, but that is not going to happen the way the people love the PAP and with stupid attitude like 'I vote for PAP but I want opposition to win'. This kind of FUCK attitude will get us nowhere. And if these people suffer more they freaking deserve it,,just that they drag down the rest of us..

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was staying in Hong Kong many years ago their transportation were very much pro-commuters, be it bus, subway or ferries. I do not know about recent years though.
Our transport systems are only pro-share holders or profits orientated.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two taxi drivers whom I spoke to this morning at the Serangoon Gardens food centre, expressed fears that many of their colleagues will stop driving when the new measure comes into force. They reasoned that with the never ending traffic snarls during peak hours it is not that easy to clock 250km in a day as a lot of time is wasted in traffic jams. Taxi drivers also need coffee breaks and short naps to keep them alert. When many taxi drivers quit there will be a shortage in this sector and, eventually the government will use its famous excuse "we have to import foreign talent as locals don't want to do this job".

250km. I think is 24hr. SO with co driver each only need to drive 125km.
U think gov dare to enforce 250km/12hr or 500km/24hr.

WHITEWOLF

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are some of you coming to the defense of taxi drivers when you know that taxi drivers are NOT saints themselves?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monetary Awards

Why are some of you coming to the defense of taxi drivers when you know that taxi drivers are NOT saints themselves?

To each his own. Everyone has to be selfish enough to take care of their own benefits. Capitalists are selfish, your PAP are selfish and self serving, what's the problem ? You have to care for your own sheep. Losing your sheep is losing your livelihood and the way of life that you are enjoying.

Obviously, taxi drivers are businessmen. No money, no talk.

Businessmen are the worst. They sell you out.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read Other Forums

The power of Hindsight: Looking at the behavior of the cab drivers today, the government was absolutely correct to not allow such things to happen. If the cab drivers own their cabs, there will be no way to punish errand drivers

Do you think those capitalists care ? Go and read some previous posting some years ago in other forums and you will know that these companies DON'T care about these complaints. They want the cab drivers' rental money, not your complaints. Your complaints do not convert to cash.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was staying in Hong Kong many years ago their transportation were very much pro-commuters, be it bus, subway or ferries. I do not know about recent years though.
Our transport systems are only pro-share holders or profits orientated.

What do you think? in previous years we have one salesgirl from DFS who ran one, & a friend of the famili too! what do you think??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And what's wrong with idling taxis? For example, the night shift taxi uncles who take breaks to visit prostitutes/watch football/drink kopi?

They paid the rent, what business is it of the authorities how they utilize their time?

How about a 24-hour public transport system? MRT and bus services run 24 hours. That would solve most of the problems.

Learn from the supermarkets and fast food outlets.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not Practical At All

How about a 24-hour public transport system? MRT and bus services run 24 hours. That would solve most of the problems.

PAP wanna tai-chi the commuters' problems to these taxi drivers. Can the MRT operate 24 hrs without a single passenger on board the train ? SMRT isn't stupid to go into the red just because it wants to address the issue of a few inconvenienced commuters.

Lifts can go into a sleeping mode by shutting down temporarily while the trains and buses cannot. Your lifts are different because they operate ON DEMAND, not the buses and trains. Taxis operate ON DEMAND but they have to ply the roads to look out for passengers. And who is going to pay for their losses for external plying ie. diesel ?

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they want to idle, maybe we should start opening up the taxi industry to foreigners. Lets see whether they wake up their idea or not.

And what's wrong with idling taxis? For example, the night shift taxi uncles who take breaks to visit prostitutes/watch football/drink kopi?

They paid the rent, what business is it of the authorities how they utilize their time?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lan sai lah! taxi driving is for sinkies like you and me only, it's the last line in making a living, can't imagine if foreigners drive taxis, the roads already got lots of private automobiles, and daily accidents on the expressways, you going to take care of jam everywhere???:oIo:

If they want to idle, maybe we should start opening up the taxi industry to foreigners. Lets see whether they wake up their idea or not.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking krafty aka hotbot. It is idle cab drivers like you that caused this shortage during rain.

If you had worked hard like him, you'd also be enjoying yourself like him. :oIo:

222715_6158558471_2942_n.jpg

lan sai lah! taxi driving is for sinkies like you and me only, it's the last line in making a living, can't imagine if foreigners drive taxis, the roads already got lots of private automobiles, and daily accidents on the expressways, you going to take care of jam everywhere???:oIo: