• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxis must ply 250km daily from 2013

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some good drivers, but the rest are just useless self-serving rubbish with poor insulation cars and no GPS too despite knowing nothing like their pea brains, so it's good for them to be forced to do their work properly.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is where you reveal your total ignorance. They do not drive around empty waiting for calls during peak hours, especially in city area. No taxi driver would want to go into city area during peak hours and they have a valid reason for it. Peak hours in suburb there are plenty of taxi already and there is also a reason for it.
Next time go take taxi and ask the driver for the reasons.

You are definitely out of touch babe.
I just spoke to a taxi driver, he was the one who told me all this you dummy!

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGP so small where the heck can you drive 250km per day to?

I only drive around 60km per day to work and home.

Go round and round like a merry go round? LOL!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I am not mistaken, I believe that this 'new' LTA rule is actually an old rule, which for some reason was made obsolete. The mininum mileage in the past was to ensure that the drivers will keep on the road. But how the new rule is going to impact on the other stated objective of calling for a taxi instead of standing on the kerbside.

I know of an semi-retired insurance fella who ditched his personal car and got a taxi which he uses for sending his grandchildren to school, return to fetch his working family members to the office before coming back to send his wife to her mahjong sessions. And before the repeats the reverse-cycle later in the day, he drops in to visit clients and sending them if the latter need to go somewhere.

There was a report a little while back that about 20% of the taxis are actually idle at the operators'. An update of the figure would be interesting.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a simple effective way to solve taxis woes....
Abolish the call charge, use GPS to match call with nearest available cab.
Everyone will call for a cab....supply demand will be maximized....
But cab companies unwilling to give up multi million dollars they can get from cab calling fees.

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not mistaken, I believe that this 'new' LTA rule is actually an old rule, which for some reason was made obsolete. The mininum mileage in the past was to ensure that the drivers will keep on the road. But how the new rule is going to impact on the other stated objective of calling for a taxi instead of standing on the kerbside.

I know of an semi-retired insurance fella who ditched his personal car and got a taxi which he uses for sending his grandchildren to school, return to fetch his working family members to the office before coming back to send his wife to her mahjong sessions. And before the repeats the reverse-cycle later in the day, he drops in to visit clients and sending them if the latter need to go somewhere.

There was a report a little while back that about 20% of the taxis are actually idle at the operators'. An update of the figure would be interesting.

This is so true. Bcoz of high COE, many w taxi licence are hiring fm Taxi co for personal use. Its more practical. Eg. 80k coe + car(40)
=120k. Work out to be 12k per yr(not incl insurance, fuel, maintenance). Taxi rental 365 x 100=$36,500 per yr.(incl insur. n maint)
N when rent to relief, hirer gain. Correct me if Im wrong.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is so true. Bcoz of high COE, many w taxi licence are hiring fm Taxi co for personal use. Its more practical. Eg. 80k coe + car(40)
=120k. Work out to be 12k per yr(not incl insurance, fuel, maintenance). Taxi rental 365 x 100=$36,500 per yr.(incl insur. n maint)
N when rent to relief, hirer gain. Correct me if Im wrong.

Knowing how sinkies value 'face'....I think not many people do that.
Owning a car in singapore is about more than just getting from point A to point B.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Systematic Corruption

Yes ... just a matter of time....

But now LTA knows many taxi drivers are selecting passengers to pick up during rain or peak hours... The problem I foresee is this: with the traffic jams during peak hours, cabs will avoid CBD in order to clock up minimum mileage

That was what I thought too. :*: PAP is about getting more money like issuing COEs and getting more traffic police to hide somewhere to zap more drivers for more money. :mad:

COE is in fact a systematic corruption with the help of the law to whitewash it.

378929_10151145303857934_905663246_n.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Systematic Corruption

i say that it won't work cos one reason, in the drivers midst, there are cabbies who are ill unless the motive is to keep out drivers who are not bodily able to ply 250km.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Systematic Corruption

Talk only. Who will monitor?
How to justify? Not feeling well/family matter....................
WTF gov come out with this stupid rule. If taxi driver want to drive 100km 0r 500km that is their own problem.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng saw many blue lanterns (taxis with blue light means no passenger can hire) along bt timah but bo lang took leh.:biggrin: