• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TAXI fare up up!

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Problematic drivers aside there are three options:

1) Get your own car (or even van for some people)
2) Car pool with friends
3) Take the public transport

Most people would be more than happy to take up one or more of the above choices in response.

best get a 2B license :biggrin:

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last taxi fare revision exercise was conducted in December 2007, and ComfortDelgro says it is revising its taxi fare structure "to better match supply with the ever-growing demand for taxi services in Singapore". ComfortDelGro operates some 15,600 taxis of the 26,700 taxis on the roads here.

really? even with circle line?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to stay in Potong Pasir. Long before the SDP existed, it was a PAP stronghold. When PP voted for Chiam I remember many PAP supporters would make fun PP & Chiam. Now that many PAP supporters are hurting financially they still vote for the PAP:eek:

I have to wonder about the 60%? PP was able to support opposition, but many Sporeans chose to close their eyes until the recent GE. Maybe it's the water or the kampong spirit that makes the resident of PP different:confused:
I think it's too late now. There are too many foreigners & incompetent people in the gov't.

C'est Le vie. I'll be checking out of this expensive hotel & joining the queue to leave:o

It is the fear factor.

fanaticD

The slight increase still can bear for the flag down and the meter run. the worst is the extension of peak hours. starts at 6am in the morning and 6pm to 12 midnight. WTF? then after 12pm, midnight charge. Then the CBD surcharge or town area surcharge extends becomes 7 days. this is ridiculous. the best part is that the dumb committee says that it is fair? where they see it is fair

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Midnight charge is from 12am to 6am right? from Dec 12, morning peak hour charges is from 6am to 9.30am, that means midnight charges from 12am to 9.30am right? no? that is not all;

The new evening peak hours is from 6pm to midnight & midnight charges is from midnight to 6am, morning peak hours from 6am to 9.30am,

That means:

Mon-Sun to Public holidays:

The extra charges will be from 6pm current day to next day 9.30am, which leaves 9.31am to 5.59pm every day, that one can hail a cab at normal prices, they might as well make it 25% all day long.

What you voted for, is what you get, don't complain, just vote for more GOod years!! thank you 60%, we love you!!:rolleyes:

Life is already very stressful and difficult in Singapore.Why the taxi company make the taxi fare so complicated ?
Did the PTC give them permission to increase taxi fares ? Did the Minister for Transport give the approval for taxi fare increase ? Fark the PAP !!! Fark the taxi companies!!!

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm very sad with the always increasing taxi fares. Sometimes tired also have to squeeze into bus and MRT. :(

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Midnight charge is from 12am to 6am right? from Dec 12, morning peak hour charges is from 6am to 9.30am, that means midnight charges from 12am to 9.30am right? no? that is not all;

The new evening peak hours is from 6pm to midnight & midnight charges is from midnight to 6am, morning peak hours from 6am to 9.30am,

That means:

The extra charges will be from 6pm current day to next day 9.30am, which leaves 9.31am to 5.59pm every day, that one can hail a cab at normal prices, they might as well make it 25% all day long.

What you voted for, is what you get, don't complain, just vote for more GOod years!! thank you 60%, we love you!!:rolleyes:

hi there

1. the fat arse sitting at the top of the ptc is totally useless.
2. levied round the clock betterer!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That means:

Your ideas make sense. Why so complicated.
6pm~12mindnight extra 25%, 12midnight to 6am extra 50%, 6am ~ 9.30am extra 25%.
Singapore have the most complicated taxi fare in the world.
Others surcharge like ERP, CDB, airport..................

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it also has the most screwed up MRT single trip payment system. Where else in the world do you have to pay maximum fare & then go to a fare machine to get a refund:confused:

I've seen long queues of people trying to get a refund & those who want to get a tix. It is very, very inefficient:rolleyes:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come Indonesia Malaysia china Thailand Vietnam and other ASEAN countries not there? Dare to also compare bus and Mrt rates? E.g sg and hk?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oil Will Rise Till Everyone Kill Each Other For It

oil-that-is-black-gold-texas-tea.gif

Black gold ? Well, maybe. Gold coins will stay as what they are because they are NOT consumed. But, carbon footprint will increase if we keep expanding it. I was told by a friend that water treatment plants were great because they help to produce drinkable or usable water for everyone. I begged to differ. I said without energy, you are NOT going anywhere and even these water treatment plants will just sit there to rot. I told him about my concern for the future rising oil price and the present weak alternative energy sources. I told him that Chinese irrigable land are going to disappear (as useless buildings) and together with the changing weather, climate, temperature, we are all going to die suddenly like a plague - many will die of hunger.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is not complicating, I merely extracted the details from the shit times, I forgot the ERP, CBD, Airport Tax, The $3 extra from SINgapore expo.. why don't the compare taxi fares with:

1. Kuala Lumpur
2. Bangkok
3. Jakarta
4. Hanoi
5. Manila
or even

6. Timbuktu

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Remember .... When they cannot convince you... They will confuse you ... :mad:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember .... When they cannot convince you... They will confuse you ... :mad:

CORRECT!!! That's what they did when they revised the bus fares. They announced that the change is in introducing a distance based system. But when commuters noted that the fares they paid were not according to the distance formulae, they then said it's time-based too!!! The whole motivation for any increases by the govt is never about us citizens. It's all to increase the profits of the government linked companies that includes Delgro, SMRT, Comfort. The citizens' plight are the least of their concerns.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After 3 month TAXI company will increase the rental by $10/day. Due to COE price and insurance.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it also has the most screwed up MRT single trip payment system. Where else in the world do you have to pay maximum fare & then go to a fare machine to get a refund:confused:

I've seen long queues of people trying to get a refund & those who want to get a tix. It is very, very inefficient:rolleyes:

There's no need for efficiency when you have a country of self-sacrificial serfs who are ever willing to devote their time, money and effort for you to waste. Squandered $400 million on a Pakistani bank? Sup sup shui lah :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
What refund :confused:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economics 102: It's called inflation.

Coming up next, it's almost guaranteed SP will announce higher electricity tariff for next quarter as the price of oil in the futures market has risen.

It's not only in SG that has high inflation, other countries especially China and Australia are also having to deal with high inflation. It's a global phenomenon.

In Australia, a sandwich no longer cost A$ 9 like in 2008. The price now is double digit. Convert that to S$ and it can be as high as S$ 20 depending on the sandwich and where it's purchased.

Last edited: