• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Target population for Singapore - 10 million

fwchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the chance to drink kopi with a retired government official and he was sighing he way. He told me that this new government is very different from the one he serve under LKY.

He told me that the government department are KPI driven, when they asked for feedback from public with regards to policies implementation, they received good feedback but they do not know how best to implement them.

There is a underlying KPI that for every 1 dollar the government department gets, it should return back $3. ie if HDB takes $1 million from the government to build new housing, it must get a profit back of $3 million.

The topic goes on to talk about Singapore growing population and in fact, it is in the mind of the PAP government to grow Singapore population to 10 million but because there is a limitation to what HDB can built based on Singapore land size, HDB estimate that it can accomodate 6.5 millions.

How to get the population to 10 million ? Under the great PAP visionary plan, we have to accumulate more land mass. One of it could be with new technology in coming future, they may develop PalauTekong and Palau Ubin into another Singapore hub for work, HDB flats etc where transport are by means of water taxi or a bridge across which is very similar to how Japan connect some of the islands etc. We may not see it now but your children or grand children will see that visionary plan come true...

Good luck to us all...

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to get too overly excited. PAP under LHL and anyone after him are incompetent to do anything. When LHL can recruits new MPs like TPL and kee chiu you know how much worst they can hold on to power in Singapore. Now incompetent LHL is asking Oppo for help and beg Oppo not to critizes him some more.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the chance to drink kopi with a retired government official and he was sighing he way. He told me that this new government is very different from the one he serve under LKY.

He told me that the government department are KPI driven, when they asked for feedback from public with regards to policies implementation, they received good feedback but they do not know how best to implement them.

There is a underlying KPI that for every 1 dollar the government department gets, it should return back $3. ie if HDB takes $1 million from the government to build new housing, it must get a profit back of $3 million.

The topic goes on to talk about Singapore growing population and in fact, it is in the mind of the PAP government to grow Singapore population to 10 million but because there is a limitation to what HDB can built based on Singapore land size, HDB estimate that it can accomodate 6.5 millions.

How to get the population to 10 million ? Under the great PAP visionary plan, we have to accumulate more land mass. One of it could be with new technology in coming future, they may develop PalauTekong and Palau Ubin into another Singapore hub for work, HDB flats etc where transport are by means of water taxi or a bridge across which is very similar to how Japan connect some of the islands etc. We may not see it now but your children or grand children will see that visionary plan come true...

Good luck to us all...

10 million?

with the present infrastucture unable to even properly su[p[port a population of 5.2mil, how to reacg 10 mil??

not going to happen, unless they are looking for chaos.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 million?

with the present infrastucture unable to even properly su[p[port a population of 5.2mil, how to reacg 10 mil??

not going to happen, unless they are looking for chaos.

To be honest, anything bad and evil with PAP is possible. LHL is incompetent so we know what he is capable or incapable of. If he wants a population of 10 Million it will happen. Weather the country can support of not is irrelevant to the Oligarchs as they do not feel the effect at all. Its the people like us, those on the street that will suffer on MRT, housing, hospitals etc. Look at what happen after the 2006 election? the flood gates was open and we are in the quagmire today due to this freely letting in of foreigners. The PAP can do it due to the fact they have absolute control. The PAP can pass any law they want and they control the Presidency. Who is to stop them? If lets say TCB or TJS won the presidential election, we still have hope in keeping checks on the PAP. but with TT in the presidency its too late. I do hope WP wins more seats in Parliament and at least deny the PAP 2/3 majority and the next presidential election, a Pro Singaporean candidate will win not a pro PAP candidate. That way more of PAP debates and policies can be more scrutanised. The current WP MPs are giving the PAP a run for their money. But there is nothing much they can do to stop the PAP from doing what it wants. Call me cynical but that is true.

The PAP wants the 10 Million population to line their pockets and to marginalised the singaporeans so they get more votes. But the positive effect to the PAP winning and making things worse for Singaporeans in 2011 is hopefully more of the 60% will repent till the next election. But with the flood gates opening more and the 10 million target being a high possiblity it will too late for those that repent.