• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan See Leng : I don't think we should be drawing lines between Singapore citizens and permanent residents

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with what many have said about NS here -in my opinion for males only those who have served FULL TIME NS (barring medical exemption) are eligible to work in civil service, stand for elections, hold any political office and apply for HDB flats or any government subsidies of any kind.

This covid has exposed animosity between the vaxed and unvaxed where life is concerned, and endangered, the vaxed get priority and leave the unvaxed to die.

So this can apply to NSF duty to the nation when life is concerned, and endangered, in war and crisis time the soldiers must die for the seek of the nation.

As such, all civil servant jobs, uniformed groups must be filled by NSF soldiers first. Full employment for NSF soldiers and despatched to work in field of their trained vocations in SAF and continue education, swap and switch to industry which fit their talents...

Have annual challenges like military games, and civil talent competitions for NSF soldiers to find where their talent lies, and fund their higher education to upgrade their skillsets... Continuous upgrading if the soldier want to keep the jobs.....

These days all jobs are Web based IT and retraining is easy with Q and A forum, with outsourced platforms where sharing of knowledge of any jobs can be achieved easily in the Q and A forum...

Fear not... threat not.....

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes do that and take away the national service liability. do NS for fuck.

The SAF, along with NS, is the foundation of safe and stable Singapore. Typical of oppies to suggest populist but suicidal ideas like abolishing NS.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This covid has exposed animosity between the vaxed and unvaxed where life is concerned, and endangered, the vaxed get priority and leave the unvaxed to die.

Most of the unvaxxed are people who believe in conspiracy theories or have watched too many zombie movies about people turning into zombies due to vaccines gone wrong.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SAF, along with NS, is the foundation of safe and stable Singapore. Typical of oppies to suggest populist but suicidal ideas like abolishing NS.
you are the one who wants to erase lines between PR and citizens and I'm pointing on to you the longest line in the sand that separates the two. wake up.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Conscripted NS is obsolete practice and only stupid PAP still stick to it...

Form 5 eye nation ME Asia with China leading you get power military force....

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Je talk cock ,my company Mrs ,senior Mrs, senior exec all PR Malaysian,many senior Mrs also hired from jiuhu n they tell u cannot find suitable candidate, fxxx them ,its becis one mgr pull in another mar,CB ,1 mth 12 to 18K u can tell me cannot find local,fxxx the clowns,CB,n worse is all CBL n Don know anything

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many sinkies were once PRs, including ministers like Khaw and Janil Pondicherry. Citizens and PRs should just be lumped together as 'locals'.
Pudding did not serve 2.5 years NS. Now, he volunteered to serve in Volunteer Corp. Had he not an MP, do you think he would?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pudding did not serve 2.5 years NS. Now, he volunteered to serve in Volunteer Corp. Had he not an MP, do you think he would?

Nearly everyone else in the VC are not MPs. They too, serve in the VC despite their commitments to their jobs and families.

In contrast, many sinkie males, especially oppies, whine every year about having to do 2-3 weeks of reservist duty.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
No sure if anyone realise that the want MOM measurements unemployment ~ if you're out of job for more than 6 months, you're not unemployed, you're automatically re-classified as no longer seeking employment.

That's why Singaporean unemployment remains ultra low despite the fact that reality seems disconnected from statistics. I am sure there are at least 2-3 people you know who have been looking for jobs unsuccessfully for months or even years. More if you're over 40.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 122808

"More fundamentally, as a society, I don't think we should be drawing lines between Singapore citizens and permanent residents.

"They contribute to our strengths as a society and our economy. Singapore is an immigrant nation and openness is one of our society's core strengths that has defined who we are."

Meanwhile, local PMET unemployment also generally remains at 3 per cent or lower outside crises, he said. The long-term unemployment rate is even lower, at below 1 per cent.

"The increase in foreign PMETs has not caused our unemployment rate to rise," Dr Tan said.

The number of PMET job vacancies has also been on an upward trend since 2010, and has been hovering around 30,000 over the past five years.

These job openings are spread across various sectors, with 4,300 unfilled PMET jobs in infocomm, 4,100 in finance, and 2,700 in professional services, for instance.

"If every additional foreigner results in one less opportunity for locals, why are there still so many unfilled vacancies? Surely these vacancies should have long been filled," Dr Tan pointed out.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ent-and-wage-growth-despite-foreign-pmets-tan
So in real war crisis, PR take arms and protect our soils?
Or run back to their own country?