• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Lam Shiong the lancheow mole U-turn again!

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
No-class Lancheow Mole U-turn on decision to MCF but still want to pass snide remarks on Mrs Chiam

SINGAPORE - Independent candidate Tan Lam Siong has decided not to contest Potong Pasir SMC, making it unlikely that the ward will see a three-cornered fight at the polls.

He would most likely have faced off against incumbent Sitoh Yih Pin from the People's Action Party, and challenger Lina Chiam of the Singapore People's Party.

Mr Sitoh won the long-time opposition stronghold by his party's slimmest winning margin in the 2011 General Election - 114 votes - against Mrs Chiam, and the two are poised to go head to head again.

Announcing his decision on his blog on Tuesday morning, Mr Tan said he was driving out from the carpark near Block 108 in Potong Pasir after 11pm after his usual walkabout when he saw a Mercedes Benz waiting to park.

He said he noticed the lady driver struggling to turn her steering wheel to move her car aside, and realised it was Mrs Chiam behind the wheel.

"She was in her party T-shirt and looked rather haggard," he wrote.

Mr Tan, the former National Solidarity Party secretary-general, said he kept thinking about the encounter and felt sorry that Mrs Chiam was still out at such a late hour.

"I recall her recent statement about this election being her last election and that she will be retiring with Mr. Chiam. I began to have this feeling of sadness and couldn't sleep after reaching home," he said.

He thus contacted his team members on Tuesday and informed them that he was pulling out of the contest for the single-member constituency.

He now plans to lead his team to support Mrs Chiam at her rally.

"The 3-cornered fight in Potong Pasir SMC that was meant to be will no longer take place," Mr Tan wrote. "I am sorry to disappoint all those who have encouraged me to offer my candidacy and to serve the residents of Potong Pasir SMC as their Member of Parliament."

"In my walkabouts over the last 2 months, I have come to know many of you at a personal level and appreciate your warm support. Let me assure you that notwithstanding this decision, I will continue to be at your service. For Potong Pasir SMC will always be my kind of town."