• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian support thread

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
what lan eh, i got this from his fb page. smlj is this. @Hightech88 u write one is it

368761353_832967621565802_1193959515364294709_n.jpg
Nope, not moi. I won't write til so Rou Ma knn.

but Limpeh like his style, LOL. :biggrin:

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
As expected..all out to fix him already to prevent him from running..LOL:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...tty-girls-tiktok-video-facebook-posts-3712586

Tan Kin Lian addresses concerns over his Facebook posts about 'pretty' girls

A screengrab of the TikTok video compiling Mr Tan Kin Lian's Facebook posts.

SINGAPORE: Presidential hopeful Mr Tan Kin Lian said a "small minority" of people are uncomfortable with his social media posts that talk about "pretty" girls.
Mr Tan was responding to CNA’s question on Monday (Aug 21) after a video on TikTok that compiled several posts got more than 190,000 views and over 5,000 likes.

Checks by CNA confirmed that the posts in the video were legitimate. One TikTok user commented: "He does this all the time. (I don't know) why (Elections Department) can pass him haha."

Mr Tan, a former NTUC Income chief executive, was one of three candidates who received a certificate of eligibility on Friday for the Presidential Election. He is due to submit his nomination papers on Tuesday.

Former senior minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and former GIC chief investment officer Ng Kok Song also qualified to stand for the election.

The video on TikTok was posted on Sunday by an account called spillthetea.sg, and was still racking up views on Monday.

But Mr Tan said most people are not bothered by his posts.

"Most of the people say it is quite light, it's quite enjoyable. That's how I build my people to be interested," he told reporters before his walkabout at a hawker centre in Clementi West.

"There will be a few people who feel uncomfortable, but that is a very small minority, that's a very small minority. (The) majority actually find that to be quite okay, quite fun."

Mr Tan added that he posts on Facebook about other things, including "simple posts" about his meals at hawker centres. Those also attract some "nasty comments", questioning why he has to post about his bowl of fishball noodle soup on social media.

"I say, please leave it to me. If you don't like what I post, please stay out. Don't make very rude remarks," he said.

"Some of the people actually do it because they are malicious. They just want to make me look bad. And I think that's no good. Not necessary.

"I ignore malicious people who are out to create trouble for me, so long as the majority of people find that those are quite harmless. Some people will be malicious."
-------------

Last edited:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was driving many years back I used to pay around $600 for my 2l car. Thanks to him, I had to fork out nearly 1K despite having an accident-free driving record for 2 decades. I'm vindictive and will never forgive misdeeds bestowed upon me.
you forgive PAP for introducing COE?

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest walkabout at Chong Pang. can see more and more people giving him the support and genuinely like him...maybe more start to wake up that this is the last chance to vote against the establishment already.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest walkabout @ West Coast Food Centre talking about our Reserves - Physical and Financial Assets.
Looks like he is going to give PAP a hard time if he wins, LOL.

Last edited:

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of all the three candidates, Tharman seems to be the most ideal to represent Singapore on the world-stage. He's competent, popular among PAP voters and he has extensive connections abroad. Tan is too eccentric while Ng doesn't have any formal experience as a political leader. Most likely the good shitskin will win this election

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many % of sinkie voters are nehs and m&ds?
Just got a confirmation that near 100% of it will goto tharma .
My confirmation was done thru random tcss with some of them. Since 10/10 I received the same ans I take it as 100% goes to tharma (only minus some negligible numbers that could have bad personal experience with pap)

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
FB TKL

My Facebook live stream is at 9 pm tonight.

I will cover some of the questions shown below tonight, and leave the other questions for tomorrow night.

1. How are you going to work with the government to bring down the cost of living?
2. The MOM Re-employment Act works against people at age 63, as they are re-contracted at lower salary.
3. Will you appoint independent person to be chairman and CEO of the sovereign funds (GIC, Temasek, MAS)
4. Will you stop our sovereign funds from investing in cryptos
5. What is your stance on death penalty and clemency
6. What are my views on massive entry of foreigners into Singapore?
7. Should the government be allowed to stop the unvaccinated people from working
8. Save us from rising cost of living
9. Are you serious about donating half your salary
10. Will the authority approve a rally?
11. How to make the public service impartial?
12. Do you dare to exercise veto power on appointment of public service
13. Will I continue to take public transport when I enter the istana

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many % of sinkie voters are nehs and m&ds?
Just got a confirmation that near 100% of it will goto tharma .
My confirmation was done thru random tcss with some of them. Since 10/10 I received the same ans I take it as 100% goes to tharma (only minus some negligible numbers that could have bad personal experience with pap)
You can do your own testing too if you like to find out if I said is true .
Don't be surprised by certain kind of halal rationale. :geek:
Eg this marcik told me.
I have never seen any malays in the saf. Do you?
I told marcik yes I saw them in camp but not in mindef. Because mindef are very state secretive and sensitive place.
Marcik then say something like you can see even pap always talk about no racist allowed but they themselves are racist.
So how is this conversation related to this pe ?
Marcik then say of course I will vote for tharma, i (we) do not Chinese to rule sg you understand? There are already lack of non chinese within pap you still want me to kick tharma out ? :geek:
Because this is a very halal rationale I can only keep quiet as I do no want this conversation to spoil our relationship.
Else I could have replied- kak BODOH

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can do your own testing too if you like to find out if I said is true .
Don't be surprised by certain kind of halal rationale. :geek:
Eg this marcik told me.
I have never seen any malays in the saf. Do you?
I told marcik yes I saw them in camp but not in mindef. Because mindef are very state secretive and sensitive place.
Marcik then say something like you can see even pap always talk about no racist allowed but they themselves are racist.
So how is this conversation related to this pe ?
Marcik then say of course I will vote for tharma, i (we) do not Chinese to rule sg you understand? There are already lack of non chinese within pap you still want me to kick tharma out ? :geek:
Because this is a very halal rationale I can only keep quiet as I do no want this conversation to spoil our relationship.
Else I could have replied- kak BODOH
Because of this halal haram rationale
We cannot take 2011 pe of the 4 corners fight to analyse to get prediction for this upcoming one because in 2011 all 4 were not dark skinned. :sneaky:

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lai liao lai liao...fixing starts liao...Rooks rike TKL is going thru the same phase as Trump when he running for president...LOL.

I think AWARE should be totally banned for being over-sensitive and over-protecting women.

https://mothership.sg/2023/08/aware-presidential-election-candidate-objectify-women/

Aware S'pore raises concern about PE2023 candidate who has 'history of objectifying women'​

Aware also questioned why the Presidential Elections Committee granted this candidate a certificate of eligibility.

aware.png

The Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware) has raised concerns about a Presidential Election candidate who "has a history of objectifying women", but has been cleared to participate in the Presidential Election.

The organisation, which advocates gender equality and women's rights, did not mention the candidate's name, but their tweet came just hours after presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian addressed comments about his previous social media posts on "pretty girls".

Tan said that his posts were done in a "light" and "enjoyable" way.

He also claimed that only a very "small minority" of people were uncomfortable with his posts.

Act of objectifying women​

"Consistently posting about 'pretty girls', recording videos of women in public without their consent, or commenting about their appearance isn’t merely a matter of personal preference or light 'amusement'," said Aware.

The organisation said that it's "an act of objectifying women" which reduces them to their appearances for entertainment:

"Such behaviour from anyone in or aspiring to a position of influence suggests it's acceptable to trivialise women and overlook their myriad abilities and contributions."

Aware also highlighted what it called a "systemic" issue: The granting of a certificate of eligibility by the Presidential Elections Committee to the candidate.

In issuing the certificate to the three candidates, the Presidential Elections Committee said it was satisfied that they were men of "integrity, good character, and reputation".

Aware claimed that this suggests a "systemic endorsement" of unacceptable views and behaviours.

"Consider broader implications"​

Aware urged the Presidential Elections Committee to "thoroughly consider the broader implications of such endorsements in the future", and go beyond financial and management qualifications.

As of late afternoon, the tweet had received 50 retweets and 100 likes.

Mothership has reached out to Tan's team and the Elections Department for comment.
--------------