• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian support thread

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2023-08-24-21-18-57-05_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, it should be everyone knows the elected president won't have balls to carry out what they can do :biggrin:
When Tharman becomes the EP and in the next GE we have a fluke result, and a coalition of Oppositions form the new Government, only then will you realize the full powers of the EP.

LKY, for all his brilliance, do you think he came up with the stupid idea of a EP with very limited powers [that everyone knows]? If the role of the EP is to cut ribbons, as many would have you believe, we could have stayed put with nominated President, just like Sheares and Wee Kim Wee.

Now imagine with the new coalition of Oppositions Government, Ms Sylvia Lim is appointed as the new Attorney-General, He Ting-Ru the Chief Justice, Louis Chua as Auditor-General (assuming they are not MPs), you expect Tharman to just rubber stamp the appointments ? And if Kenneth Jeyeratnam is appointed as Chairman of Temasek. You think Tharman will kuai kuai follow the recommendation of the CPA? :biggrin: You think they are not afraid of "post-autumn accounting" ?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2023-08-24-21-32-40-79_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Whenever I highlight our social problems such as low fertility rate, living costs, expensive housing etc, the most common response I get from diehard PAP supporters is that every other developed city or country worldwide are facing the same problems. It is not something that PAP can magically avoid.

But I was brought up on the impression that our success was a result of the pioneer team under LKY believing that Singapore can be exceptional and defy all odds. To me, when PAP started thinking that we can't do anything to stop ourselves from repeating the failures of other developed nations/cities, that was the moment I knew they had lost the grit of our pioneers.

My reply to PAP is that since we cannot defy the global trends faced by other developed nations, we also must accept the global political trends that these democratic nations all ended up with a multi-party government. That is the natural progression if we keep following trends and repeat their failures.

I endorse Tan KL because it is time we have a President who doesn't parrot elitist narratives and instead represent the voices of ordinary people. The social issues he talks about are also what I'm most concerned with.

Jacob Ong, 39, Stay-at-home Dad

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This person who posted this is a pretty astute observer. It’s clear that TKL is coached into saying all these by the Oppo clowns. And very disturbingly he’s getting mixed up with company such as a rogue lawyer who mishandled client’s money!

IMG_6788.jpeg