• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian is very angry today

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1236122_10200976017096822_432812358_n.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was taking up K Shanmuggam's offer, as in today's ST.

See my latest signature......

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shanmugam: You can say I am a stupid fool who doesn't know what I am talking about

As Singaporeans become more politically engaged, they should feel free to discuss politics and even criticise ministers and policies, provided they do not make spurious allegations they cannot substantiate, Law Minister K. Shanmugam said yesterday.

Responding to law students' questions about Singapore laws and their impact on free speech at a dialogue organised by students from the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law, Mr Shanmugam signalled that the Government was not about to soften its stance on defamation laws, even as he said the laws do not curtail political discussion.

Defamation laws, he said, are not there to stop people from criticising the Government, but exist to protect personal reputations.

"If you make a personal allegation of fact, if you say I took money, I am corrupt, I will then sue you and ask you to prove it. But if you say I am a stupid fool who doesn't know what I'm talking about, and the Government comprises ministers who don't know what they're talking about and you criticise every policy of the Government, no one can sue you," he said.

"By all means challenge my competence, by all means challenge my policies, by all means put forward alternate policies. By all means argue it, no problem. That's not defamation."

For public debate to be honest and meaningful, he added, political discussions should not descend into mudslinging.

Admitting that defamation laws do impact free speech though, Mr Shanmugam said they have to be balanced against protecting people's reputations.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shanmugam: You can say I am a stupid fool who doesn't know what I am talking abou

Politicians have reputation meh?

Politicians work in a group or organization with so many shitheads get together talk cock sing songs during election period to win your votes. What else?

The only reputation which you need to protect is your mother. You only have 1 mother but politicians come in many.

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If he believes what he reads then he is too naive. Luckily he was not elected President.

Lets see what happens eventually.

He was taking up K Shanmuggam's offer, as in today's ST.

See my latest signature......

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Shanmugam: You can say I am a stupid fool who doesn't know what I am talking abou

tonychat is stupid fool who took money from his army friend :oIo:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

tonychat has a set of teeth similar to cow, horse and elephant, made to chew veggies only. Maybe he has a horse face type look .....hehehe

tonychat is stupid fool who took money from his army friend :oIo:

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal

what does it mean? government is going to set up proper channel for sinkies to criticize them?

how do i start? register via IC or Singpass? :wink:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

In today situation, Singaporeans are least interested in PAP as a government. Only want them to be opposition party in 2016 then we can criticized through and good.

what does it mean? government is going to set up proper channel for sinkies to criticize them?

how do i start? register via IC or Singpass? :wink:

ragout

Alfrescian
Loyal

TKL = Tiu Kow Lay

Hanuman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow he sibeh fierce leh. Woke up from the wrong side of the bed ah.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow he sibeh fierce leh. Woke up from the wrong side of the bed ah.

The breakfast the slave at home..oops! maid at home, must be horrible!:rolleyes:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does this means I can DIU Teo Ho Pin for his incompetency at managing TC fund by calling him a nicompoop sor hai? What about the other useless twat by the name of Yaacob who ballyhoo about flood only occurs once in 50 years?