• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kim Soon won over by Jiawei's tears

omega

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Online+Story/STIStory_269403.html

Won over by Jiawei's tears

AS AN ordinary Singapore citizen who has been following the foreign talent scheme in sports saga, I am perturbed enough to question the way to achieve sports glory, especially the Olympics for Singapore.

Last Friday at about 6.15pm Singapore time, when the dream had been realised by the table tennis imported girls, I couldn't help but have a lump in my throat when I saw their determination during the nearly four-hour semi-final victory over South Korea. I have to mention here that I was finally won over only when I saw Li Jiawei shed tears. Was it to exorcise her own ability or just relief that she and her team-mates had finally realised a dream for this country named Singapore which had adopted them.

Whatever the reasons, I want to convey my congratulations and thanks to them for making history for Singapore because the Olympic medal they have won is the first history-making medal for Singapore since independence.

All the best and go for gold now, Jiawei, Tianwei and Yuegu.

Tan Kim Soon

Mr_tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were smiling with joy when the woman double team is facing gold medal point against the china loh. Did i see them shed any tear?