• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chuan Jin on the 2 crane climbers

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tan chuan jin:

In this crane incident, I was initially concerned that the two workers (Mr Zhu Guilei and Mr Wu Xiaolin) were not properly paid. As it turned out, they did not have any salary arrears.

These workers knew their way around. In fact, Zhu had come to MOM in July 2011 to enquire about how he and his friend could resign and return home. Recently, the two of them came to MOM on 5 Dec to highlight that they were owed salaries. To help us investigate, we asked that they come back with their documents. They never did and ended up on the crane.

Our officers asked one of them why they did not come back. One of the workers shared that going to MOM to lodge their claims was “troublesome”.

Workers facing employment issues should approach MOM for advice and assistance. MOM requires documentation from the workers in order to substantiate their claims so that MOM can handle the dispute fairly. We would like to reiterate that workers should not take matters into their own hands and break the law.

We follow up on a number of issues and even in some non statutory cases, our Labour Relations officers will speak to the companies to help get things smoothened out. Companies can be blacklisted and denied access to workers if found to have breached regulations and who have flouted acceptable practices.

In some instances, the workers can have misplaced expectations or in some cases unreasonable demands. However, I do recognize that in general, the relationship tends to be weighted against the workers.

This is why we amended the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act to try and stem the worse abuses.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/amendments-to-the-efma/Pages/default.aspx

Meanwhile, MOM is investigating whether the company has breached any statutory provisions under the Employment Act.

Companies who contravene the Employment Act and/or the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act can be prosecuted, fined and may also be barred from hiring foreign workers in future.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1241612/1/.html

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"However, I do recognize that in general, the relationship tends to be weighted against the workers."
So why you paid millions?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"However, I do recognize that in general, the relationship tends to be weighted against the workers."

"" I am paid millions to tell you ignorant chaps these simple truths. The relationship is weighted against workers. We are pro-business. Now drink from the fountain of my wisdom, and give me my pay raise! ""

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap is a dick.

Suka suka dilute the population by letting in millions

Affecting the lives of many.

Without even conducting a national referendum.

The constituents of Sinkie Parliament epitomised the selfishness of a typical Singaporean.

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"Generally speaking, we ministers are paid a lot because of the lost opportunities in seeing our children grow up. My parents are not getting younger and by the time I bring them to Disneyland, they won't be able to take the roller coasters. We also need some time every month to check our CPF statements. But it is okay...btw please accept my welling tears...the turf comes with the job."

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If our Ministers insist on getting paid a lot because of lost opportunities, then what is all the cock about giving back to society aftre having benefited from the system? Is this then giving back?

Then when are they going to really give back? As Ministers, they should be exemplary in showing how not to exhibit kiasu behaviour. Talk abt leadership and role models. What kind of Ministers do we have, really? And they say we have to show them respect.

"Generally speaking, we ministers are paid a lot because of the lost opportunities in seeing our children grow up. My parents are not getting younger and by the time I bring them to Disneyland, they won't be able to take the roller coasters. We also need some time every month to check our CPF statements. But it is okay...btw please accept my welling tears...the turf comes with the job."

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another STRIKE..ok lah! STOP WORK..

Foreign workers stop work at construction site: Another dispute?

Stomp
Saturday, Dec 08, 2012

Workers at a construction site on Tai Seng Street have stopped working and started to gather outside the building, an office worker who works nearby said on Saturday.

( from Asia lum par one)