• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Chuan Jin implores Singaporeans to work ‘smarter’

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work To Death ?

I agree with you on this. There is no shame in leaving before the boss, especially if you're done for the day.

Asian mentality ! Japanese was like that. And some worked to death. Strange. Queuing up for something is not productive too - waste too much productive time. Travelling time should also be cut short. Peak periods reduce efficiency.

ipadsickday_main.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Losing Silvers To Jap Song Boh ?

How does a kopi auntie work smarter? How does a cleaner work smarter? How does a bus captain work smarter?

So, isnt he talking cock? Again, living in ivory towers.

As for this, you need to ask the "Toilet Aunty" how she can keep her 'high paying' job every time when there is a ping pong game. Just take the red and white sarong cloth and wave in front of the TV for all to see. Now, they even throw in the 'president' Jiak Liao Bee for free ! :biggrin:

table-tennis2.jpg

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCJ is spot on. These singkies are playing on SBF during working hours and end up working longer hours.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singaporean productivity was improving year by year until PAP open the flood gate and let in tom dick and harry FT.
Therefore he should be giving the working smart advice to their pet FT.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Sinkies are trying to work smarter. Our 2 top police chiefs got extra 'special services from a special service provider. Legal prof also got special something..even some fancy shirts and pens for his efforts. and who knows what we got for some foldable bikes for NDP. Even people in the charity sector like our church workers got some ingenious ways to increase revenue.

No who says we are not working smart??

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with him. You guys are pretty fucked up when it comes to work ethic. Too much "wayang" eg staying late but not actually doing anything productive.

I remember getting stuck in a meeting many years ago and when I finally stepped out at about 6.30 pm, all my sinkie staff were still "hard at work" at their desks.

I said goodbye to all and drove out of the factory and parked out of sight just beyond the exit. 3 minutes later, they all started leaving. I waved at each of them as they drove or walked past. It was great fun seeing the look on their faces.

u r wrong!

Wayanging = working smart.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats why he in army,,,, kieng until BG,,,,,, this guy work very smart,,,,

After Tan Chuan Jin discovered that most Singapore uncles/auntie like to work till they drop,now he discoveded that Singapore workers are stupid.He is clever after joining PAP.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
TCJ is spot on. These singkies are playing on SBF during working hours and end up working longer hours.

Unlike you, most bros have full-time job elsewhere and can only moonlight here. For you, it is full-time SBF, day and night, and after hours.

Last edited:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
on this island, those that r productive r usually penalized by getting more work piled on their desks, while those that r less productive won't get additional work piled on their's. so, unless there is fairness in the assurance of productivity & work efficacy, his plea for ppl to work smart is like farting into the wind.

manager A: i'm salaried to work 8-5, and 5 days weekly, 52 wks in a yr... if i finish my work on time, the regional towkay i'll assign more portfolios for me to handle
manager B: ya lor, if we too garang and become efficient, we will kena more work assigned to us, must think of ways to tuang
manager A: i think i must visit the pantry more often, drink more company funded bevarage means more visits to the toilet
manager B: ooi! y u copy my stunt? i have 7 toilet breaks daily, 1 visit every hr except lunch hr.
manager A: nvm, we can also make our tuanging look legit, we clock 15hrs of meetings in a week lor, 3hrs daily will make us look damn workaholic
manager B: oh ya, u book 3hrs of meetings daily, i book another 3hrs of meetings daily, we only need to pretend to work another 1-2hrs daily!
manager A: haha! after all, we're not the ones clocking the overtime, the workers r the ones that will do the number crunching & give us the reports, so we have stuff to refer to for the next day's meetings.
manager B: then again, maybe our workers will be damn tulan bcos they gotta put in extra hrs
manager A: aiyah, we must human manage la, u spank them using 1 hand, must use the other hand to stroke them la
manager B: u know i dont like to be seen as a slave driver
manager A: aiyoh, think carefully, u're being salaried but idling almost daily, u organize a monthly or fortnightly makan session to boost their morale, best part is, u can claim the bill to company.... in the name of team building. end of the day, u don't pay a thing & is still seen as a good towkay!
manager B: wakao! u're a genious, no wonder your workers hardly go home.
manager A: i learnt it from SAF... bo keng buey chut peng
manager B: cool! let's do this chowkeng plan starting tmr!