• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Tan Cheng Bock's PSP Leadership Reshuffle, New HQ , Ahead of Polls, 17 Jan 2020

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact it's almost an obsession with the PAP. If you are not scholarship material with the obligatory paper qualifications, you will never be invited for tea sessions with their top honchos. The hawkers, taxi drivers and barbers are there to vote for them; that's all that is required of them!
So it's the failure of singkies

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiagong PAP West Coast GRC members now shitting bricks.....

Image result for west coast grc
U sure? West coast grc is one of the most ulu constituencies in singkieland. With crap infrastructure etc With the worst dumbest cho no lan MPs ever. Lim hump kiang fucked up as minister of health...n yet they get 70% of the vote. The ppl are so pro pap that they will vote for a dog as long as its pap. So I doubt the oppos can make any inroads

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact it's almost an obsession with the PAP. If you are not scholarship material with the obligatory paper qualifications, you will never be invited for tea sessions with their top honchos. The hawkers, taxi drivers and barbers are there to vote for them; that's all that is required of them!

can create a separate committee consisting of grassroots representatives/come up with some other name

that represent ordinary stinkies

rather than the elites

if u think hawkers taxi drivers or barbers make the best leaders, so be it

but dont complain if such a person is elected to office and the country goes to the dogs

it's good to hear feedback from the ppl on the ground

another thing to let ppl on the ground run the country

very different things

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
PSP a serious player, says Tan Cheng Bock, as party officially opens headquarters
Dr Tan Cheng Bock at the opening of the Progress Singapore Party's headquarters. (Photo: Matthew Mohan)Bookmark
SINGAPORE: The Progress Singapore Party is a “serious player" and plans to be in local politics for the long haul, said Dr Tan Cheng Bock on Monday (Jan 27) as the party officially opened its headquarters.
The opening ceremony for the PSP headquarters, located on the 14th floor of Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, was attended by more than 40 members.
“We have now got our own HQ (headquarters) and it’s also significant because it tells Singaporeans the PSP is going for the long haul. We are not just here for a moment, we’ll be here for a long, long time,” said Dr Tan.
“It signifies that we are a very serious player. We are not just coming here to fight one general election,” he said. “I’m preparing a team ... it’s important that I get some place where they can call it home for them, they can always come here at odd times of the night, day - they have a place to go to.”
Having a headquarters will ensure that the party will have a “real home”, added Dr Tan.
“We can hold functions here, we can hold events here. And the important thing is that this particular place, the location is really very good,“ he said.
The location will be a “focal point” for the party, he added.

jw5

Loyal
Location is really quite good. Beauty World mrt station just opposite and lots of choices of food as well. :thumbsup:

PSP a serious player, says Tan Cheng Bock, as party officially opens headquarters
Dr Tan Cheng Bock at the opening of the Progress Singapore Party's headquarters. (Photo: Matthew Mohan)Bookmark
SINGAPORE: The Progress Singapore Party is a “serious player" and plans to be in local politics for the long haul, said Dr Tan Cheng Bock on Monday (Jan 27) as the party officially opened its headquarters.
The opening ceremony for the PSP headquarters, located on the 14th floor of Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, was attended by more than 40 members.
“We have now got our own HQ (headquarters) and it’s also significant because it tells Singaporeans the PSP is going for the long haul. We are not just here for a moment, we’ll be here for a long, long time,” said Dr Tan.
“It signifies that we are a very serious player. We are not just coming here to fight one general election,” he said. “I’m preparing a team ... it’s important that I get some place where they can call it home for them, they can always come here at odd times of the night, day - they have a place to go to.”
Having a headquarters will ensure that the party will have a “real home”, added Dr Tan.
“We can hold functions here, we can hold events here. And the important thing is that this particular place, the location is really very good,“ he said.
The location will be a “focal point” for the party, he added.

jw5

Loyal
I don't know how much is the rent and how they can afford it, but can offer a few views. The shopping centre building is rather run down and although that area is a prime residential area, it's not really a prime office area. (although further down the road, Ong Ye Kung's father in law and Ho Kwon Ping's companies have their own office buildings). As for how they can afford it, presumably some of the members including TCB himself are well off enough to afford it, including some donations from hopeful and affluent Singaporeans who are tired of the overbearing Pappies. :wink:

How do they afford the rent?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know how much is the rent and how they can afford it, but can offer a few views. The shopping centre building is rather run down and although that area is a prime residential area, it's not really a prime office area. (although further down the road, Ong Ye Kung's father in law and Ho Kwon Ping's companies have their own office buildings). As for how they can afford it, presumably some of the members including TCB himself are well off enough to afford it, including some donations from hopeful and affluent Singaporeans who are tired of the overbearing Pappies. :wink:
Thanks for the insight. As long as they defeat pap n usher in a better era for singkieland is all tat matters. Not sure if the 70% will support them.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB has some pap and middle ground support so his votes should be 40% up. whether he can win depends on how the election play out.

Reactions: jw5

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Progress Singapore Party opens new HQ in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre

Party leader Dr Tan Cheng Bock: The headquarters signifies that the PSP is very serious about its purposes

AUTHOR
Anna Maria
DATE
January 28, 2020
CATEGORY
Featured NewsHome NewsSingapore PoliticsSocio-PoliticalUncategorized

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-opens-new-hq-in-bukit-timah-shopping-centre/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...ukit-timah-shopping-centre/&via=Independentsg
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...y+opens+new+HQ+in+Bukit+Timah+Shopping+Centre
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...y+opens+new+HQ+in+Bukit+Timah+Shopping+Centre

- Advertisement -
Singapore — The Progress Singapore Party officially launched its new headquarters on Monday (Jan 27), in tandem with the start of Chinese New Year, at the Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.
More than 40 party members were present on the occasion, along with members of the media and special guests.
xWhatsApp-Image-2020-01-27-at-4.53.38-PM-copy-300x225.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.5WVJzx6d8y.jpg

In its media release, the PSP said the launch of the party HQ was “to drive awareness of its cause among Singaporeans”. It was important, said party leader Dr Tan Cheng Bock, that it had a place of its own for meetings and events.
xWhatsApp-Image-2020-01-27-at-4.53.40-PM-169x300.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.bU37MUI6dW.jpg
xWhatsApp-Image-2020-01-27-at-4.53.39-PM-169x300.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.v69G33i5Ra.jpg

- Advertisement -
Dr Tan and his wife performed the ribbon-cutting ceremony before those present were ushered into the party’s new space. A lion dance was then performed in celebration of Chinese New Year.
Dr Tan said in a speech: “Today is very significant. The party only started a year ago, but I can say we’ve come a long way, our strength has grown by leaps and bounds, and also the quality of people who have come in is also very good.”
“This place is in the centre of Singapore, and is the first shopping centre in this particular area, built in 1981,” he added.
“We are quite blessed we got this place. I think PSP will have a real home now,” he continued, glad that it was near the MRT and buses. He said the party had looked at a lot of places but that the new HQ was the best one.
Dr Tan was particularly thankful about the area’s centrality because he would be able to go easily to any part of Singapore. “This is a focal point for me to move. This is the centre point, I can go wherever I want, including Ang Mo Kio, which is quite close by.”
He added that the headquarters signified that the PSP was very serious about its purposes. “I am preparing a team that will take over the running of the country hope one day,” Dr Tan said. “It’s important that I get a place they can call home, somewhere they can come to at all times of the night. A home is very important.”
Referring to the state of the opposition, he said: “If the other players in the political arena can cooperate with us, and we also can cooperate with them, there is no reason why we shouldn’t be cooperating.”

Congratulations on the PSP HQ’s opening poured into its Facebook page, with some netizens asking the party to contest where they lived.
xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.16.20-PM-300x71.png.pagespeed.ic.gWkzDJmf_i.png

xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.17.32-PM-300x65.png.pagespeed.ic.i6GXiXcRdp.png

xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.16.58-PM-300x105.png.pagespeed.ic.NsAq8ursv1.jpg

xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.16.47-PM-300x86.png.pagespeed.ic.21UnJWx5lr.png

xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.16.40-PM-300x65.png.pagespeed.ic.yC3OBXkaGm.png

xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.16.33-PM-300x51.png.pagespeed.ic.WOiLFfUjei.png

One netizen called it the “best new year news”.
xScreen-Shot-2020-01-27-at-5.18.39-PM-300x45.png.pagespeed.ic.8FpYlTU1vC.jpg

The PSP statement included mention of the lineup, announced earlier this month, of new members to the party’s Central Executive Committee (CEC) — Leong Mun Wai, Francis Yuen, Andrew Ng, Ong Seow Yong and Ms Chika Tan.

During the announcement of the new CEC members, Dr Tan, who is the party’s Founder and Secretary-General, said: “At 78 years, I have a short window that I intend to use mentoring and developing future Parliamentarians who will work for the good of our nation. We want to build a compassionate and truly democratic Singapore where good values and people matter. Freedom of choice and free speech without fear must be defended.
“We hope to be given the opportunity for Progress Singapore Party to be an alternative voice in Parliament. In due course, as the party and candidates mature, we intend to be ready to govern the nation. In the mean time, we will work with those who share our political beliefs of country first — before either party or self.”

/TISG

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
“The illness can stretch on. I think it is not wise to hold the election so fast because rallies – everybody will be crowding together," said Dr Tan
xScreen-Shot-2020-01-29-at-12.02.22-AM.png.pagespeed.ic.wQ13issPMn.webp
Photo: File Image
Author
- Advertisement -
Speaking at the launch of the Progress Singapore Party’s (PSP) new headquarters on Monday (Jan 27) at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, Secretary-General Dr Tan Cheng Bock predicted that the Wuhan virus would impact the timing that elections are called.
Addressing more than 40 party members who were present at the occasion, along with members of the media and special guests, Dr Tan said: “I think it will have an impact on election”.
He added that, “The illness can stretch on. I think it is not wise to hold the election so fast because rallies – everybody will be crowding together. All these campaigns, you know. So have to be careful long term”.
Emphasising that the spread of the virus could have long-term effects, he added that even the Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak in 2003 “also took quite a while before we can really understand the spread of the illness and the containment of the spread”.
- Advertisement -
Dr Tan also commented on how he was dissatisfied with the types of hospitals being built whereby they were connected to many shopping centres or shops.
He said: “It is very dangerous because I see some of the patients carrying their drips, walking all around in the coffee shops. My goodness, I worry, if there is a spread, this person spread to him” (sic).
According to him, the types of hospitals he favoured were ones that were standalone buildings because it would be a lot easier to contain the spread of contagious diseases.
“But at this point, lets not have any blame game”, Dr Tan said.
“Now our focus is let’s contain it. All work together as a team. We don’t care which political party you belong to. The problem is there. Let us all work together”, Dr Tan emphasized. /TISG

Post Views:
- Advertisement -

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Progress Singapore Party distributes appreciation gift packets to frontline healthcare workers combating COVID-19 - The Online Citizen
Rubaashini Shunmuganathan

On Sunday (1 March), Progress Singapore Party’s (PSP) took to its official Facebook page to reveal that 60 members of its party visited various hospital islandwide, including Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFH), National University Hospital (NUH), Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) and Singapore General Hospital (SGH) to hand out gift packets as a sign of appreciation to frontline healthcare employers who were working on overnight shift to treat patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
“At 6.45am this morning, 60 PSP members went to NTFH, NUH, TTSH & SGH to present a gift to the frontline healthcare workers who were on the overnight shift,” PSP wrote.
The party added that working on an overnight shift is “tiring and demanding” for all individuals, and noted that each gift bag contains a Thank You note.
pic1-615x650.jpg

“In each gift bag is a Thank You note to express our heartfelt appreciation and respect to our fellow Singaporeans for simply doing what they do every day, to fight against COVID-19,” the party said.
Apart from giving out the gift packets in the morning, PSP also said in another Facebook post that 80 of its members visited the same four hospitals later in the evening to greet the frontline medical employees.
pic3-650x615.jpg
pic6-650x488.jpg

“Through the power of social media and their colleagues, some of the medical staff had heard about Team PSP’s visitation in the morning, and were keeping an eye out for us! Many recipients of the goody bag were surprised to find an origami heart with a handwritten message ‘We love and support you. Thank you,” PSP expressed.
It added, “In nation-building, every one of us has a role to play, and we can all choose to put out best foot forward. Team PSP sends out heartfelt THANKS and RESPECT to each Frontline Healthcare worker.”
pic2-650x415.jpg

Separately, the party’s Secretary-General Dr Tan Cheng Bock also pointed out on a Facebook post that PSP members and volunteers gathered on Saturday (29 February) to pack the gift packets for the healthcare workers. “This small gesture expresses our gratitude to the healthcare workers who tirelessly and bravely keep our nation safe in this time,” Dr Tan said.
He continued, “PSP members and volunteers eagerly participated in this out of a deep sense of gratitude to the healthcare workers. I appreciate all their time and effort in packing and preparing the packs. I also thank our main sponsors Khong Guan for the biscuits and Pocari for the energy drinks.Together, we will overcome these challenging times.”
pic4-650x487.jpg

Besides PSP, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat announced in Parliament on Friday (28 February) that the Government will give public officers on the frontline who are fighting against COVID-19 with a special bonus that could be up to one month.
“This will include many healthcare officers in the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the restructured hospitals, and some officers in other frontline agencies who have been directly involved,” he said.
As for other public officers who have contributed significantly in fighting against the deadly coronavirus in Singapore, Mr Heng said that they will be recognised in “appropriate ways”.
“While we cannot thank them enough, we can show our appreciation and support in a tangible way,” he said.
Share this: