• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taliban burn musical instruments, say they lead to ‘misguidance of youth and destruction of society’ and MUIS should also follow on ban

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/south-asia/taliban-music-ban-instruments-fire-b2384908.html

Religious police deployed by the Taliban set fire to dozens of musical instruments blamed for the “destruction of society”, local media reported.

Sheikh Aziz al-Rahman al-Mujahir, area chief for the western province of Herat in the Ministry of Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, said music led to “misguidance of the youth and the destruction of society” and said people could be “corrupted” by it.

Photos released by Taliban officials and the ministry showed a massive blaze in an unspecified location. Four men were seen standing next to a bonfire of music instruments collected from across the country….

“In 2021, Taliban banned music in public places. Musicians have been executed, and musical instruments are regularly confiscated and burned. These horrors take place in the name of Islamic purity. But nothing in the Quran bans music,” said Timur Kuran, professor at Duke University.

“Taliban create bonfire of ‘immoral’ music equipment, and let me tell you, they are not the only ones, some Islamists in my native country used to tell me the same ‘Music is haram’,” said Nervana Mahmoud, independent political commentator on Islamism, on Twitter….