• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Tai Chi Image Destroyed Beyond Repair

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tai chi practiced by ordinary folks is for health. However, beyond the basics, it is a martial art for combat. Its specialty is 'avoiding the attacking force through swift rotation of the body and throwing the opponent off balance by pushing or pulling him in the same direction as his applied force'. a basic practice is pushing each others arm and rotating the body. Problem is if he is not fast enough to siam the punch from the mma fighter and yet not trained to take such a solid punch, he is a dead duck.

In all fights, if we are not trained to take blows, we can forget about whatever moves we have mastered.
To be honest, this fight actually represent nothing much about Tai Chi as a fighting art. Xu Xiaodong himself clarified he would only accept challenges from the fakes; if a sanda champion were to challenge him, he would say honestly he will lose, why fight? He himself is not really a professional MMA fighter - probably a self-taught coach.

The problem with most Chinese martial arts today is that there is insufficient training or no training in facing real opponents. Probably, real Tai Chi masters may already be extinct. MMA is training in real fighting and the only theory is common sense. Who wins?

If you pay attention to the fight, it is not like Xu Xiaodong is invincible. If his opponent were a real master with power, who knows he might be stopped dead outright; you may be hit direct by your own rushing momentum. But the first quality of a real fighter is courage.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tai Chi failed, one down.

But Tai Chi is just one among many Chinese kungfu.

Still to go : Subduing the Dragon with 18 Palms; Magic Sword of the Six Arteries.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think sanda is much better than MMA. It is demeaning to fight within a metal cage. You allow yourself to be viewed as slaves. The moment you enter the cage, you hand over your soul to the whims of others willing to pay the price.

Chan Rasjid.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To be honest, this fight actually represent nothing much about Tai Chi as a fighting art. Xu Xiaodong himself clarified he would only accept challenges from the fakes; if a sanda champion were to challenge him, he would say honestly he will lose, why fight? He himself is not really a professional MMA fighter - probably a self-taught coach.

Your average traditional arts instructors who are the genuine teachers of traditional arts but are martial arts fakes. Like the various masters in the Ip Man movie, they are usually physically unfit, lacking in muscle tone and fat. They don't even look like retired fighters. They just look amateurs, and can only fight slightly better than the average untrained office, sedentary worker.

[video=youtube;ee-QfYzP4Oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee-QfYzP4Oc[/video]

The problem with most Chinese martial arts today is that there is insufficient training or no training in facing real opponents. Probably, real Tai Chi masters may already be extinct. MMA is training in real fighting and the only theory is common sense. Who wins?

You are spot on. Otherwise, they fight with real opponents who fight exactly like they do. So, there's little real learning. Also, most traditional arts utterly dislike cross training. It's akin to apostasy.

If you pay attention to the fight, it is not like Xu Xiaodong is invincible. If his opponent were a real master with power, who knows he might be stopped dead outright; you may be hit direct by your own rushing momentum. But the first quality of a real fighter is courage.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid.

The chink traditional arts masters and the wechat world knows that. That a self-taught MMA amateur, a nobody in the MMA fight scene can floor a taichi master in 10 secs is what really embarrassed them so much.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your average traditional arts instructors who are the genuine teachers of traditional arts but are martial arts fakes. Like the various masters in the Ip Man movie, they are usually physically unfit, lacking in muscle tone and fat. They don't even look like retired fighters. They just look amateurs, and can only fight slightly better than the average untrained office, sedentary worker.

You are spot on. Otherwise, they fight with real opponents who fight exactly like they do. So, there's little real learning. Also, most traditional arts utterly dislike cross training. It's akin to apostasy.

The chink traditional arts masters and the wechat world knows that. That a self-taught MMA amateur, a nobody in the MMA fight scene can floor a taichi master in 10 secs is what really embarrassed them so much.

CB Kia John Tan aka Clinton666, pls demo your famed Jiu Jitsu!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CB Kia John Tan aka Clinton666, pls demo your famed Jiu Jitsu!

I don't practice bbj, which I believe is getting common amongst sinkies who watch too much UFC or surf sammyboy. I stick with good ol' fashion boxing, which is good enough for keeping fit and winning my scraps against road ragers or sinkies who wish to chope seats.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
That so-called Tai Chi Master is a crap. That MMA bloke has never fought a real kung fu master skilled in Baji Quan, Xingyi Quan or even Tau Chi. These are known to be real fighting arts.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That so-called Tai Chi Master is a crap. That MMA bloke has never fought a real kung fu master skilled in Baji Quan, Xingyi Quan or even Tau Chi. These are known to be real fighting arts.

The video gives you an idea of baji quan in a sparring match. I've seen two amateur boxers do better than that, let alone professional boxers or MMA boxers.

[video=youtube;jFvV0MTDlHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFvV0MTDlHo[/video]

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is hard to say really. I think this Wei Lei is a clear case of a charlatan and Xu knew that. Wei probably had never ever had any real fight training; Xu showed Wei doing the "birds-can't-escape-my-palm-trick", it is a red flag of a charlatan. Whoever in this age has such power(in theory, the skin of the master could react and absorb the takeoff trust of the bird thus nullifying the birds jump).

What I find surprising is that Xu gave three choices of his next challenge (don't expect any next fight as the Wushu authorities in a group announcement said that traditional Chinese martial art should not be challenged - no need to! a quo bao! national treasure!). One of the choice is the Tai Chi bodyguard of Jack Ma who has a very strong reputation with videos of him fighting "real"; Wei had nothing to show.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now I know how the Wing Chun master can beat the MMA fighter. Fight him on the big round table.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest news seem to indicate that Xu Xiaodong is in trouble. He hinted that he has lost everything. Other youtube said he has been "closed"; probably they took away his license to continue with his MMA school, etc. There are some powers in control of Wushu in China; seems some highly connected Tai Chi masters need to be protected.

Chan Rasjid.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The latest news seem to indicate that Xu Xiaodong is in trouble. He hinted that he has lost everything. Other youtube said he has been "closed"; probably they took away his license to continue with his MMA school, etc. There are some powers in control of Wushu in China; seems some highly connected Tai Chi masters need to be protected.

Chan Rasjid.

Hah! That is the REAL Tai Chi Quan. Xu doesn't even know what has destroyed him.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Chan Rasjid.

The taichi master he hammered in 10 seconds was actually viewed by many chinks as the real deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the taichi fraud or his backers pulled some strings to screw this mma straight guy.

The fact Xu retired from professional MMA competitions 13 years ago after a career-ending injury made it all the more embarrassing for Wei.

Wei was hailed in a documentary by China Central Television (CCTV) two years ago as “one of the greatest tai chi masters in China”.

In that programme, he performed feats that wouldn’t be of place in a Marvel film – such as using “chi” to create a force field that kept a pigeon from leaving his palm.

Such a feat would fundamentally change our understanding of natural laws were it genuine. Yet millions of Chinese viewers were convinced of its authenticity.

Not so Xu. He accused Wei of fraud and questioned tai chi as a fighting technique. The two got into a heated spat over cyberspace that eventually led to their duel in Chengdu (成都), Sichuan, on April 27.

Read more at http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/2093104/opinion-why-kick-teeth-good-chinese-kung-fu

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any chink "martial art" purist must be hallucinating hisher hernia to high heaven. it cannot compete with mma as a purist system with a single vertical line of discipline is not tested and diverse enough for an all out brawl. all inbred systems are destined for the extinction heap.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't practice bbj, which I believe is getting common amongst sinkies who watch too much UFC or surf sammyboy. I stick with good ol' fashion boxing, which is good enough for keeping fit and winning my scraps against road ragers or sinkies who wish to chope seats.
and what do you call jostling and elbowing the aunties at glassloot events to tarpow...styrofoam stealth :confused:
Hah! That is the REAL Tai Chi Quan. Xu doesn't even know what has destroyed him.
that's the "unseen hand" at play :wink:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tai Chi failed, one down.

But Tai Chi is just one among many Chinese kungfu.

Still to go : Subduing the Dragon with 18 Palms; Magic Sword of the Six Arteries.

I volunteer to fight female mma fighter, I'll grab her pussy n nehneh do hard into submission n use my one eye snake to split venom into her eyes before I use multiple stabbing into her inner self until she is subdued

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I volunteer to fight female mma fighter, I'll grab her pussy n nehneh do hard into submission n use my one eye snake to split venom into her eyes before I use multiple stabbing into her inner self until she is subdued

Don't say it too early .

Meet Singapore no 1 MMA woman fighter Angela Lee. You will willingly die in her arms !

MMA_Fighter_Angela_Lee_960x640.jpg

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the real classic example of challenging the opponent to "fight the fakes".

[video=youtube;gEDaCIDvj6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I[/video]