• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tablets are dead, long live microsoft

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Microsoft unveils Surface Duo folding smartphone
By AFP
August 13, 2020 @ 9:32am
Microsoft Surface Duo comes  with a folded display of 5.6 inches opening up to an 8.1-inch screen.
Microsoft Surface Duo comes with a folded display of 5.6 inches opening up to an 8.1-inch screen.
WASHINGTON: Microsoft is back in the smartphone business – sort of – with a new Android-powered folding device it claims fills a needed gap in mobile computing.
The tech giant began taking orders on Wednesday for its Surface Duo, a dual-screen handset starting at US$1,399 (RM5,856). Microsoft first announced the device last October.

"We designed Surface Duo for people who want to get more done with the device in their pocket," said Panos Panay, chief product officer for Windows and Devices.
"Our internal research shows that three out of four people report struggling to complete complex tasks while away from their computer. That's because smartphones with a single screen aren't designed for you to easily do multiple things at once."
The Duo represents a fresh entry into hand-held devices for Microsoft, which years earlier surrendered the smartphone market to operating systems from Apple and Google after its own line of Windows-powered handsets failed to gain traction.
The new device with a folded display of 5.6 inches opening up to an 8.1-inch screen, will compete against other folding handsets from Samsung, Huawei and others.
It seeks to stand out from its rivals thanks in part to the ability to run apps from Microsoft Windows as well as those from the Google-powered Android mobile system.
Panay said the Duo also aims to offer a "seamless cross-device experience" with PCs running the Windows 10 operating system, including the ability to get notifications and texts, make calls, share images or copy and paste content between the two devices. - AFP

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think Microsoft needs to improve on the updates before is fit for human to use KNN my uncle leelise his laptop rike forever asking for restart for updates and even restart will keep waiting for completion KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN my uncle think Microsoft needs to improve on the updates before is fit for human to use KNN my uncle leelise his laptop rike forever asking for restart for updates and even restart will keep waiting for completion KNN

There are tweaks to disable Windows updates.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I want nothing to do with Microsoft in my mobile devices. That includes Linkedin, Skype, Swiftkey and certain games.

And that is why I do not want Samsung phones, after Samsung made a deal with Microsoft to preinstall Microsoft crapware in Samsung phones.

Samsung and Microsoft Expand Strategic Partnership to Deliver Unified Experiences Across Mobile Devices
https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung...er-unified-experiences-across-mobile-devices/
So what phone you using? iPhone? Huawei? Oppo?