• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Swee Mei Mei New Nightlife.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
rice.jpg

Source : RICE

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a few months ago, the 26-year-old, who is covered in tattoos, lived a completely different life. Never would she have fathomed that her days would be spent between void deck wakes and the quiet atmosphere of Lim Chu Kang. Instead, she was busy working in the nightlife industry, entertaining clients and drinking on a daily basis.

So how did she get here?

Eve needs a moment to retrace her steps before answering.

“I’ve always been attracted to the funeral industry,” she begins. “But after 7 years, I never thought I’d leave my career in nightlife. I thought I would always do that.”

After losing her job, Eve was pushed far from her expected personal trajectory, something many others may be experiencing now as well. As if it wasn’t hard enough to get a job in a time like this, Eve had an added challenge—her tattoos were met with disdain from multiple employers in different industries.

“There was one particular company that wanted to hire me, so they sent over all the final documents,” she recalled. “But when I mentioned I had quite a number of tattoos, they ghosted me. I never heard from them again.”

To her surprise, it was the funeral industry that was the most welcoming. At the interview with Harmony Funerals, where she has worked at since April, Eve was worried about showing her boss her tattoos. When she eventually did, her boss gasped. But this wasn’t a sign of disdain. She was just intrigued.

She proceeded to ask Eve about her tattoos, and then offered her a job.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
“It was so tough to adapt at the start because you can get called at any time of the night to go to work,” she says.

“Now, at 2AM I can get called down to a family’s home. I have to dress up and comfort them. I’m still half asleep but I need to console the family and deal with the body.”

Beyond the working hours, Eve struggled to get used to the exposure to cadavers.

“On the first day of work, I had to dress a deceased body,” she shares, still astounded by the experience. “I was so shocked, I wasn’t expecting to touch a dead body.”

--- Source : RICE ---

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle wonder what is the career path for night life and what job in sg belongs to this category of entertaining clients and drinking KNN

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle wonder what is the career path for night life and what job in sg belongs to this category of entertaining clients and drinking KNN

Dude,
She once worked in night entertainment.
Now, night FUNERAL industry.
Last line : she has to dress a deceased body.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was one particular company that wanted to hire me, so they sent over all the final documents,” she recalled. “But when I mentioned I had quite a number of tattoos, they ghosted me. I never heard from them again.”
KNN my uncle also wonder why she needs to inform the employer about having tattoo KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude,
She once worked in night entertainment.
Now, night FUNERAL industry.
Last line : she has to dress a deceased body.
KNN is night entertainment means ktv girls ? KNN in sg is there such a position of night entertainment that is a career? KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those companies are more concerned about their image.
(not your skills or experience!!).
My uncle think on the other hand the tattoo might have helped her to gain employment into the funeral industry KNN my uncle think usually they won't hire normal people to prevent wasting time for training etc KNN suitable candidates will need to have something unusual as a advantage KNN best is have a corpse face aka si lang bin KNN

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually tattoo cannot get her a new job because there is too many applicants for that.
Funeral company job post not many will be interested including CECA or others.
So she got that job

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually tattoo cannot get her a new job because there is too many applicants for that.
Funeral company job post not many will be interested including CECA or others.
So she got that job

I'm going to bite this one.

Funeral supervisors/directors (frontline) are made up of a lot of foreigners (WP and S-passes). The reason is that Sinkies do not want to join this business due to:

1. long hours,
2. Loss of face amongst friends and relatives.

Singaporeans in the funeral business are usually supporting back end or sales. The younger generation sinkies who are in the business are inheriting it from their parents or have stuck out on their own after gaining invaluable contacts (especially among the embalmers, priests and monks) after 2 or 3 years.

How do i know? I used to work in the funeral industry for a while but gave it up due to the long hours.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think on the other hand the tattoo might have helped her to gain employment into the funeral industry KNN my uncle think usually they won't hire normal people to prevent wasting time for training etc KNN suitable candidates will need to have something unusual as a advantage KNN best is have a corpse face aka si lang bin KNN

Frankly, she is quite Swee.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN is night entertainment means ktv girls ? KNN in sg is there such a position of night entertainment that is a career? KNN

Due to Covid, entertainment industry, including Geylang, all very badly affected.
No business.
So, all these ladies got family to feed.