• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sustainability Bitch Grace Fu justify costs for plastic bags.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
now they asked me to pay 10cents per invoice

can i bring my own plastic bags to supermarket when they start charging me 10 cents per bag?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now they asked me to pay 10cents per invoice

can i bring my own plastic bags to supermarket when they start charging me 10 cents per bag?
yes, recyclable bags, plastic included. we’ve been doing this in sf and sillycon valley for over a decade. bring your own bag. if you forget, at least the store allows you to buy their plastic bags for 10c each. and you can bring that same bag on the next shopping trip. sg is always decades behind and is just copying what sillycon valley does. same shit with recycling bins and electric vehicles.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, recyclable bags, plastic included. we’ve been doing this in sf and sillycon valley for over a decade. bring your own bag. if you forget, at least the store allows you to buy their plastic bags for 10c each. and you can bring that same bag on the next shopping trip. sg is always decades behind and is just copying what sillycon valley does. same shit with recycling bins and electric vehicles.

Plastics are by-product of crude. They are cheap and hygenic. We don't have garage pollution in Singapore, and plastic bags are very good for consolidating trash. When we burn plastic bags in Singapore, they produce energy.

Bacteria and virus survive for up to 28 days on recycled plastic bags, versus 2-7 days on paper bag. So it is not advisable to keep recycling plastic bags.

When the day comes, I will just buy brand-new plastic bags in bulk and bring to supermarket to carry my stuff and reused them as trash bags when home.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plastics are by-product of crude. They are cheap and hygenic. We don't have garage pollution in Singapore, and plastic bags are very good for consolidating trash. When we burn plastic bags in Singapore, they produce energy.

Bacteria and virus survive for up to 28 days on recycled plastic bags, versus 2-7 days on paper bag. So it is not advisable to keep recycling plastic bags.

When the day comes, I will just buy brand-new plastic bags in bulk and bring to supermarket to carry my stuff and reused them as trash bags when home.
in sg if all soft plastic is burnt as trash, no need to recycle and ban as it will turn into carbon.