• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suffered depression at 16, finally realized there's no point in rushing shit

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Was 16 when I started suffering from clinical depression. Endured uncountable hospital visits for medications and terrible counselling sessions during my teens. My school years were the worst of my life thus far. I was forced to redo Secondary 3 (Express), and I dropped to the normal stream a year after. I skipped my GCE 'N' Levels Math and Art papers. Surprisingly, my overall grades were still good enough to qualify me subsequently for the 'O' Levels, however I decided to forgo that opportunity.

I enrolled into ITE to pursue a course in digital animation. Dropped out because I realized that it wasn't really my forte/interest. Enrolled again the year after, this time taking up Audio & Video (Filming), but early during the first year, my stepmother suffered a stroke and became fully paralyzed. The situation was really dire, so I made the decision to abandon school so as to help my father care for her.

During this time I spent around her, I learned about the true value of resilience, patience and time. She had passed on since.

Served NS in the army, was awarded best cadet during Basic Military Training (BMT). Depression relapsed a few months into service. Suicidal attempts ensued. Got admitted into Institute of Mental Health (IMH) and was subsequently downgraded to Physical Employment Standards (PES) F.

More at http://www.domainofexperts.com/2017/11/suffered-depression-at-16-finally.html