• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suckhub's Internet slower than my pet snail at night

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed that Suckhub's much touted fast internet speed crawls to 56kpbs like 10 years ago dial up modem during nighttime, particularly from 9am - 12midnight. This seems to coincide with the fact that many people are using the internet at this time.

KNN...still can tell me upgrade my internet speed free of charge previously. The speed was so slow that even for accessing of local websites, it's also crap.

These days i have to use internet tethering from my iphone on Singtel's data plan capped at 50gig to surf. Much faster! Think i am going to cancel Suckhub Internet soon. Bye assholes! Hope u guys lose big in World Cup broadcasting! :oIo:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if one only surf internet, no downloading and got cable tv.
upgrade your set-top box to normal hubstation and use the free 1Mbps broadband internet access ( valid till Dec 2011 ), cancel your MaxOnline and save some money.

surf webpages only, the most basic of internet plans will do.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money is no objection if good connectivity .

Not when peak load feels like a public library .

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

For people who don't understand or are clueless. :biggrin:

This problem happens only in sinkieland. When there is no database error message from sam's server, your ISPs are the culprits.

Use this to bypass.

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

Ok la maybe only surf sammyboy need to use proxy. But even surfing local websites also meh? No what. CCB....Suckhub really sucks! They are gonna kiss my ass. I am moving internet to Sinktel.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.starhub.com/support/broadband/faqs/maxonline/maxonlinesharedvsdedicated.html

5. For MaxOnline customers, is the bandwidth shared among the users in the whole neighbourhood?

The 100Mbps(100,000Kbps) or 12Mbps (12,000Kbps) or 8Mbps (8,000Kbps) or 1.5Mbps(1,500Kbps) are limits that are assigned to individual cable modems. They are not bandwidth limits for the whole neighbourhood of block of flats. At the cable network level, our customers share much greater bandwidth within their respective local service areas. From our operating experience, we know that it is unlikely that everyone within the same service area accesses the Internet in the same nanosecond at any point in time. Hence, even during peak hours, we do not expect any significant performance degradation within the cable network within the local area.

LAN JIAO for u to suck ok Suckhub! Everyone uses the Internet at same time at night hor. Dun talk simi lanjiao about people accessing the Internet in the same NANOSECOND!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore regulator must implement rule/regulation for ISP
1. Must able to acheive at least 50% of the speed as in contract
2. Must be able to achieve on average 80% of the speed as in contract
3. If not able to provide service as in the contract the ISP must waive the bill.
4. Singapore regulator also will have to fine the ISP if not up to the mark. Fine up to $1m/month.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sgforums.com/forums/2250/topics/288958

Gazelle

I have been using Starhub broadband for the past 2 years and didnt realise how slow they were until i switch to Singtel recently. On paper, Maxonline 6mps should be 6 times faster than singnet ADSL singnet @ 1mps, but in reality, the singnet ADSL is faster.

For those still with starhub, you might want to consider to give singnet a try. they seem to be cheaper and faster.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/pissed_off_starhub_111562.html

myhappyending

DAMN THE STARHUB LA. INTERNET DAMN SLOW. WHEN WE SIGN UP THEY SAY IT LOADS AT ARD 5 OR 7.5MB/S.. NOW LOADING ARD 2.6KB TO 10KB/S.. WALAO. DAMN LAG LO. well. it may be my fault as it is dial up. but is that. after few months the speed drop a lot?!?!.. it like damn hell lag. I DISCONNECTED FOR MORE THEN 10 TIMES WITHIN 2 HR. NID TO CONNECT SOMEMORE. CAN CONNECT TILL FEW MINUTES... REALLY PISS OFF WITH THE STARHUB E170..

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those still with starhub, you might want to
consider to give singnet a try.
they seem to be cheaper and faster.

After the majority of Singaporeans got onto Singnet package .

They will then decide to come together for a meeting after discovering out that 60 percent have jump onto Singnet .

They will again play musical chairs to take turn to be
the bad guy and do their dirty tricks .

Last edited:

no-go

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed that Suckhub's much touted fast internet speed crawls to 56kpbs like 10 years ago dial up modem during nighttime, particularly from 9am - 12midnight. This seems to coincide with the fact that many people are using the internet at this time.

KNN...still can tell me upgrade my internet speed free of charge previously. The speed was so slow that even for accessing of local websites, it's also crap.

These days i have to use internet tethering from my iphone on Singtel's data plan capped at 50gig to surf. Much faster! Think i am going to cancel Suckhub Internet soon. Bye assholes! Hope u guys lose big in World Cup broadcasting! :oIo:

same here. its alot faster using internet tethering from my iphone especially after 7pm.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've seen some workers laying new fibre cables as part of upgrading. As to when the new improve services will be available is anyones guess.

Maybe it'll solve the problem, but with many new FT coming into Spore the improvement might be too late & too little.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the reason why I moved to Singnet 2 years ago. Suxhub basically saturated their own network when they release Hubstation and made every freaking Suxhub customer one of their internet users. Cable internet is basically SHARED BANDWIDTH, so with the influx of so many pple and the lack of proper infrastructure to support it, Suxhub just could not cope. Increasing your bandwidth with Suxhub isn't going to help simply because it is going through the same freaking line. My suggestion is, switch to Singnet

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends on where u stay, if u stay at HDB, u are basically screwed using SH, but if u at other properties and u like to DL stuffs, SH better.