• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times said "FUCK YOU" on Twitter!

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last month it was the Health Promotion Board (HPB) in a Twitter boo-boo, now it's the turn of national newspaper, The Straits Times (ST).

On Thursday, ST's official Twitter account, @stcom, sent out a tweet at 12:15pm containing a vulgarity. It said: "omg. f--k you all. seriously."

In an immediate apology minutes after the original tweet, @stcom tweeted on the micro-blogging platform, "I'd like to apologise unreservedly on behalf of our staff member. He mixed up his personal and corporate accounts."

It is not known who the culprit was, but Ng Tze Yong, social media editor for ST, said he would take the blame.

Responding to another Twitter user on his personal account, @NgTzeYong, he said, "Well, I think a team leader has to shoulder the ultimate responsibility."

He also clarified that the Twitter account had not been hacked, and that the embarrassing tweet was the result of a genuine human error.

In a later tweet, @stcom said, "Hi all, our social media editor @NgTzeYong will be.investigating the matter. Apologies for the human error by the @STcom staff member."

Many local tweeters expressed sympathy for the situation, citing an honest mistake on the part of @stcom, which has over 46,000 followers.

"Everyone needs to chill. It's a mistake, yes, a bad one. But do we have to point and laugh?" said @jolintan on the social media platform.

@jchowjs added, "It was an honest mistake, we all do at some point in time."

Popular blogger Lee Kin Mun (@mrbrown) also saw the lighter side of things and tweeted, "If I were you, I'd save this tweet image for future use. Captures sentiments perfectly." http://twitpic.com/4fkg6m

Last month, HPB unintentionally posted a tweet containing the "F" word -- later revealed to be also the result of a mix-up in accounts..

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last month it was the Health Promotion Board (HPB) in a Twitter boo-boo, now it's the turn of national newspaper, The Straits Times (ST).

On Thursday, ST's official Twitter account, @stcom, sent out a tweet at 12:15pm containing a vulgarity. It said: "omg. f--k you all. seriously." ...
dat muz b ze way how dose burgers @ hpb n 154th tok 2 1 another in their offis ... :rolleyes:

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
why is there a need to use the f word in everyday reply? even if that twit message is not meant to be posted on the @stcom account.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we twit "FUCK U PAP", can say sorli and they forgive us?

Yes , they would , after they lock you up in some cell in Whitley Road Detention Centre but you can always limp your way to Johor afterward :p
Some high ranking officials will take the rap for their boss :eek:
Some Prince will come out and say , " Let's move on , he ain't heavy , he's my kar kee lang "
:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheebye Kia

You should be grateful to PAP for clothing your malaysian ass

1i0vh0.jpg

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
The twit was meant for Makapaa. He persistently cut and paste twisted clips from the ST. Makapaa quite retwit - and that's how the news spread.