• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [ Straits Times News ] Great News For Dishonorable Son : Free Flow Gay Sex With Indians in India Legalised

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia/indias-top-court-lifts-ban-on-gay-sex

India's top court lifts ban on gay sex in landmark ruling

colin-gs-6.jpg

File photo showing an Indian supporter of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender community taking part in a pride parade in Chennai. PHOTO: AFP

Published
3 hours ago

NEW DELHI (REUTERS) - India’s top court scrapped a colonial-era ban on gay sex on Thursday (Sept 6) in a landmark judgment that activists hope will uphold the right to equality.

Gay sex is considered taboo by many in socially conservative India, and was reinstated as a criminal offence in 2013 after four years of decriminalisation.

A five-judge bench in India’s Supreme Court was unanimous in overturning the ban.

“Any consensual sexual relationship between two consenting adults – homosexuals, heterosexuals or lesbians – cannot be said to be unconstitutional,” said Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra as he read out the judgment.

Gay sex had been punishable by up to 10 years in jail.

Activists welcomed the ruling.

“Thanks to all that fought for this, braving the worst sort of prejudice. This is a good day for human rights,” Ms Meenakshi Ganguly, South Asia director for Human Rights Watch said on Twitter.

“It is not only about decriminalising but recognising our fundamental rights,” Mr Akhilesh Godi, one of the petitioners in the case, told Reuters shortly before the judgment was announced.

The judges in the case had previously said that gay people in India faced deep-rooted trauma and live in fear.

A law known as “Section 377” had prohibited “carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animal” - which was widely interpreted to refer to homosexual sex.

Topics:

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45404904

Joy in India after landmark ruling legalises gay sex

• 6 September 2018
_103283708_gettyimages-1027571766.jpg

Many Indians are rejoicing after the Supreme Court decriminalised homosexuality in a historic verdict.

The ruling, which ended an 18-year legal battle, was met with cheers while some campaigners broke down into tears.

Members of the LGBT community, activists and others from across the country have been sharing images of celebration and joy online.

But strong opposition to the ruling remains among religious groups, and in conservative and rural communities.

"I hadn't come out to my parents until now. But today, I guess I have," Smriti Girish, who was at the court, told the BBC's Divya Arya.

"Why should I have to hide my identity? I can't do anything about it and I am a citizen of this country. People need to understand that we have equal rights," Shagun Aggarwal said.

The two were among the hundreds of people who had gathered outside the court to hear the verdict. As the judgment was read out, many applauded and hugged their friends and family in joy.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The end times are here. I can't imagine a spiritual land like Kelingia legalizing faggotry.