• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Straits Times letter: Customs slow, tempers flare, so think before spending ringgit

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...tressful-wait-clear-customs-causeway-20141206

I RETURNED to Singapore from Malaysia via the Causeway at 12.30pm on Monday. I queued for about 15 minutes to have my passport validated at the immigration counter, but had to wait for 45 minutes to reach the Customs inspection area, which was less than 100m away. Imagine if I had returned during peak hours.

The immigration and Customs operations were efficient; the fault clearly lay in the flow of traffic and bottlenecks (multiple lanes converging into just two leading to the Customs area).

The long wait wastes the time of motorists and passengers, and exposes them to the ill effects of unhealthy fumes from hundreds of idling car engines. Tempers can flare and near-accidents can result from the bumper-to-bumper traffic.

The long wait is unacceptable for Singapore and reflects badly on the country. Why have the authorities not done anything to improve the traffic flow or monitor conditions on this short stretch of road?

I hope something can be done to alleviate this stressful situation.

Raymond Koh Bock Swi
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium...ustoms-causeway-20141206#sthash.8kDrXi0M.dpuf

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Straits Times letter: Customs slow, tempers flare, so think before spending ringg

... Why have the authorities not done anything to improve the traffic flow or monitor conditions on this short stretch of road? ...
msians oni wat ... no angmos there ... f**k care la! ...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Straits Times letter: Customs slow, tempers flare, so think before spending ringg

to allevaite the problem, all malaysians should be turned away n sent back to the cunt hole where they came from.