• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stocks, FT, govt, religion all NOT IMPORTANT..THIS IS COMING!

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Record snow volumes in Northern Hemisphere, Tsunami in Pacific, El Nino scorching farm output in India, earthquake in China

THE END IS NEAR

2012 WE WILL ALL BE DEAD

WHY WORRY ABOUT SMALL THINGS

Pacific-wide tsunami risk after Chile quake
Posted: 27 February 2010 1756 hrs

TOKYO: Japanese authorities warned of a tsunami risk across wide areas of the Pacific after a major earthquake struck Chile Saturday, with US geologists saying the risk extended as far as the Antarctic.

Asian nations are highly sensitive to any tsunami risk following the massive Indian Ocean tsunami of December 26, 2004 that left over 220,000 people dead.

In the Philippines, which has seen a series of devastating natural disasters over the past year, authorities warned coastal communities in the east of the archipelago to prepare for possible evacuation.

An 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck in the Pacific Ocean near the coast of Chile early Saturday local time.

The US Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said the quake had generated a tsunami and that parts of Central and South America could be at risk.

The centre's bulletin said a tsunami watch was also in effect for more distant areas, including Antarctica and the Pitcairn islands and French Polynesia in the southern Pacific.

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said Chile's quake could generate a destructive tsunami that could reach the western Pacific.

"No evacuation order is in effect but communities along the east coast of the country are advised to wait for further information and to prepare for possible evacuation," the institute said.

"Coastal areas fronting the Pacific Ocean... should keep watch," the institute said.

In Tokyo, Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama ordered his government to be prepared to offer support for victims if necessary, Jiji Press reported.

"I told ministries concerned to be ready to take measures in case relief assistance is needed," Hatoyama told reporters.

Earlier in the day, Japan's Okinawa island was hit by its biggest seismic jolt in more than half a century when a powerful earthquake struck, triggering minor tsunamis but causing only minor injuries and small amounts of damage.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and you still dun believe in Jesus? :biggrin:

within this 10 years...3 major catastrophes..

1. Indonesian Tsunamis left 250K dead.
2. Sichuan Big Quake left 150K dead..
3. Haiti Big Quake left 250K dead...

Why? My guess...

1. Bomoh...
2. Atheists..
3. Voodoo..

Spore has a Indo Bomoh guy working for LKY to keep him in power.....

Guess which Mega City will kena hit until beri jialat jialat?

Now why am I so concerned? I dun even live in Singapore! :biggrin:

After hundreds of years, Middle East still has no peace, you know why? Becos of your God. With so many brainless God-fearing doomsday mongers like you, I would be surprise if the world don't end soon enough.

Last edited: