• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STI Plunge

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope it's not a case of wait long long. Would like to buy it too, if below S$10, 1 lot, if squeeze here, there, left, right, centre, maybe..... max 2 lot.

It the situation does not improve i think SIA will surely drop below 10...

Based on historical result...below 10 is a good deal......unless our government sell the airline to some bangala

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
AIG's ratings downgrade could force it to post more collateral and nullify insurance contracts, possibly setting in motion a chain reaction that could threaten its survival.

the STI is going spiral down if these event really happen......:eek:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AIG's ratings downgrade could force it to post more collateral and nullify insurance contracts, possibly setting in motion a chain reaction that could threaten its survival.

the STI is going spiral down if these event really happen......:eek:

It's not looking good.

Despite Fed's intervention to piece together a USD85 bln bridging loan to rescue AIG for the next 24 months, STI's 2% gain this morning has evaporated into minus territory.

Loss of confidence in the market will take awhile to recover.

Last edited:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
never played shares until today.. so when market up, i no feel.. market down also sama sama..:biggrin:

just that when market is up, property also go up.. maybe now can wait to buy some good bargains..:biggrin:

My greatest wish is to see STI down to 500.

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
better jump ship and jump boat. the next tsunami will send the sti into the shitholes!!! get ready for a bloodbath and uncontrolled haemorrhage!!!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
the dow jones has rebounded.....looks like the sti will recoup the pts it lost during the last few days this coming monday.......

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this us bailout might not materialise....so pls don't jump on the bandwangon too soon...the house will decide on tuesday!...so hold your horses and chips!!!

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this us bailout might not materialise....so pls don't jump on the bandwangon too soon...the house will decide on tuesday!...so hold your horses and chips!!!

I'm betting that Congress would approve the US$800 bln package to help stabilise the US financial market crisis, otherwise the world would be trapped in a depression.

I've taken up positions to join the momentum traders.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how many more bailouts and how much more? this lifebuoy will not be enough to prevent a global meltdown. congress will vote against it and the bleeding will be allowed to run its natural course. be prepared for the worst.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the dow jones has rebounded.....looks like the sti will recoup the pts it lost during the last few days this coming monday.......

On Mon STI should tua cheong! Last Fri high yield AUD made a spectacular recovery against the USD and hopefully it recovers some more in the coming week.

Huat argh! Huat argh! Huat argh!