• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STI Down 70 points

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tracy jie

u knew why singtel cant up much?

is it because aud depreciation?

Best regards,

OCBC SECURITIES PTE LTD
18 Church Street #01-00
OCBC Centre South
Singapore 049479.

28 Aug 2015

MARKET PULSE: Telco Sector, Ezra, Olam

KEY IDEA

Telecom Sector: Upgrading to OVERWEIGHT

For the Jun quarter, the three telcos reported results that were mostly in line with our expectations; they have also kept their previous guidance for the year, supported by the growing data usage.

Recently, we have seen the prices of the telcos correcting quite sharply, spooked by concerns of rising interest rates; however, we believe that the sell-down may be overdone, and yields have improved considerably.

As we had also recently upgraded StarHub from Hold to BUY, we now have BUY calls on all three telcos; hence, we upgrade our sector recommendation to OVERWEIGHT. (Carey Wong)

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best regards,

OCBC SECURITIES PTE LTD
18 Church Street #01-00
OCBC Centre South
Singapore 049479.

28 Aug 2015

MARKET PULSE: Telco Sector, Ezra, Olam

KEY IDEA

Telecom Sector: Upgrading to OVERWEIGHT

For the Jun quarter, the three telcos reported results that were mostly in line with our expectations; they have also kept their previous guidance for the year, supported by the growing data usage.

Recently, we have seen the prices of the telcos correcting quite sharply, spooked by concerns of rising interest rates; however, we believe that the sell-down may be overdone, and yields have improved considerably.

As we had also recently upgraded StarHub from Hold to BUY, we now have BUY calls on all three telcos; hence, we upgrade our sector recommendation to OVERWEIGHT. (Carey Wong)

Good report by Carey Wong. tks

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tracy jie.
How do you think of oil price? And oil and gas company shares?

Also. Today market close low. How do you think?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Tracy jie.
How do you think of oil price? And oil and gas company shares?

Also. Today market close low. How do you think?

Oil price of US$40 barrel is only for now. Oil price will go up when economy picks up in China and US. Kep Corp price of $7 is low and will likely go up when oil exploration picks up and older oil rigs are retired.

So if got cash to spare, good to buy Kep Corp as price is likely to go up to $8 to $9 in the mid to long run. Also Kep Corp constantly gives 35c for year end div and 12c for mid year dividend. That's 47c for the last few years. That's abt 7% dividend at $7 per share, So in addition to potential capital gains, we get 7% dividends per year

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oil price of US$40 barrel is only for now. Oil price will go up when economy picks up in China and US. Kep Corp price of $7 is low and will likely go up when oil exploration picks up and older oil rigs are retired.

So if got cash to spare, good to buy Kep Corp as price is likely to go up to $8 to $9 in the mid to long run. Also Kep Corp constantly gives 35c for year end div and 12c for mid year dividend. That's 47c for the last few years. That's abt 7% dividend at $7 per share, So in addition to potential capital gains, we get 7% dividends per year

Tracy Jie.
Koppel Corp is too expensive. No much money left.
I have quite a bit oil and gas counter. Eg pec. Semb corp and semb marine.

Too much exposure. I recently just bought 70k stock.

Wait I sell my dbs then got money.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy Jie.

Don't invest anymore if you are not very liquid. Investment must not be done until u r stressed. Enjoy life. Hold enough cash and don't be stressed

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy Jie.

i was just reading about oil article, this is for your reference:

Still, this optimism comes with a caveat. If today's low commodity prices mainly reflect a surplus of production capacity -- oil perhaps being an example -- the surplus will need to be gradually worked off. But if the low prices also reflect feeble demand, then the economy may be weaker than we thought.

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/08/the_commodities_bubble_behind.html

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was just reading about oil article, this is for your reference:

Still, this optimism comes with a caveat. If today's low commodity prices mainly reflect a surplus of production capacity -- oil perhaps being an example -- the surplus will need to be gradually worked off. But if the low prices also reflect feeble demand, then the economy may be weaker than we thought.

Good article!

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
No la. Still OK. Luckily I can earn and save quite a bit every month.

Just see how my investment goes.

Don't feel like to buy anything now. Maybe wait for crash. If market up. I will sell.

If down. Drop enough. I will average down some. See how.

now just thinking to increase my war chest.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No la. Still OK. Luckily I can earn and save quite a bit every month.

Just see how my investment goes.

Don't feel like to buy anything now. Maybe wait for crash. If market up. I will sell.

If down. Drop enough. I will average down some. See how.

now just thinking to increase my war chest.

Good decision. Enjoy your life and don't be stressed. Buying shares must just be a hobby to make your money work better and to make some spare cash

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
tracy jie

i have another plan for my investment liao.

dun buy stock anymore. buy index rather. buy shanghai index. then dow jone index and sti..

wait next recession. buy index...will not go wrong.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
tracy jie
i read news. analyst always say economy still doing fine.

how do you think?

will drop below 2500 ??