• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stern Warning And Fines To SGH Staff For Hep 'C' Deaths! Let's Move On!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Independent Review Committee like the review committee is only independent similar to WKS's, Deputy Secretary of MHA sitting on the Mas Selmat escape review committee. The committee did not disclose or did not cover the following areas of concern with right level of attention

1) how many transplant patients were affected
2) did not ascertain or disclose the timeline of each patients infection and death so no one has any idea how many cases and deaths could have been avoided if the right course of actions has taken place at the end of each month.
3) the Nursing standards. It appears to be glossed over despite that this was primary reason for the contamination. The chief nurse of SGH is also concurrently the Grouo Chief Nurse of Singhealth cluster.

When WP asked for a COI for this in October 2016. I was surprised as it did not seem serious. I now suspect that someone from the medical fraternity must have reached out to them.

There is surprising lack of public interest in this. Deaths have occurred. Surely this alone should stoke concern, or has the population become so brainwashed and apathetic?

And definitely ample scope to critique the IRC for being woefully incomplete.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i don't know the details but just the macro of this incident. imo, those who should know miscalculated. given their links, their incompetencies had to be covered up. to suggest none of those who should know but didnt is simply unbelievable.

Deaths have occurred. To cover up incompetency and fail to hold the higher ups to account is simply fucked up. The higher ups seem perfectly insulated and the blame has fallen squarely on the lower ranked staff. Pathetic!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is surprising lack of public interest in this. Deaths have occurred. Surely this alone should stoke concern, or has the population become so brainwashed and apathetic?

And definitely ample scope to critique the IRC for being woefully incomplete.

The lack of public interest is due to no juicy gossip like Benjamin Lim eyes cannot close.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deaths have occurred. To cover up incompetency and fail to hold the higher ups to account is simply fucked up. The higher ups seem perfectly insulated and the blame has fallen squarely on the lower ranked staff. Pathetic!

That's how it works in S'pore. Same thing in the SPF. I recall my boss telling me that scholars cannot make mistakes. In the event they do, it is because they were misled! Even for the super obvious cases, these scholars would still be shielded and given many more chances to make good their earlier errors.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are right. It cost $60M to train one scholar.

starting LHL, how much it cost taxpayers to prepare him as apprentice for PM post. cost should include his father as a jiak leow be MM.

That's how it works in S'pore. Same thing in the SPF. I recall my boss telling me that scholars cannot make mistakes. In the event they do, it is because they were misled! Even for the super obvious cases, these scholars would still be shielded and given many more chances to make good their earlier errors.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the public gave up after auditors tell them it will take 66 man years to differentiate between a stained needle and a stained tampon.