• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STB: "YourSingapore" replaces "Uniquely Singapore"

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
DrPanacea, Malaysia, Truly Asia was plagiarism of New Asia Singapore back in the 1990s. Industry members are still sniggering at Malaysia.

But I guess since you like it, it works!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the write-up, toyed with the blog and I got the impression that they are dealing with tourists who have already decided to visit Singapore. Not sure if they are addressing tourists who have yet to decide which country they want to visit.

I do recall an argument between SIA and STPB nearly 3 decades ago when SIA complained that STPB spends more time dealing with tourist already in Singapore than attracting others that are yet to come. Note the free STPB tour for Changi Transit passengers.

cashman999

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the span of 6 years since Uniquely Singapore was launched, Singapore has seen an increase in visitor arrivals from 8.3m in 2004 to 9.7m in 2009, representing growth of 16.8%. Singapore has also witnessed strong growth in Tourism Receipts during this period from S$9.8 billion in 2004 to S$15.2 billion in 2008, up by 55.1%.

For 5 years the growth is only 16.8%....thats really paltry and u can even call it a monumental failure, given the backdrop of the rise of china and india, plus the advent of budget airlines. tourism numbers should have been alot higher.

basically they have admitted the slogan is dumb, bland and ambiguous - there is nothing catchy in the word "uniquely" to connect to the tourist markets. you would have thought they would have wisen up to the basics of marketing and get it right...damn am i wrong...yoursingapore sounds so SPG...might as well expand it to yoursingaporetof***...... :mad:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the write-up, toyed with the blog and I got the impression that they are dealing with tourists who have already decided to visit Singapore. Not sure if they are addressing tourists who have yet to decide which country they want to visit.

I do recall an argument between SIA and STPB nearly 3 decades ago when SIA complained that STPB spends more time dealing with tourist already in Singapore than attracting others that are yet to come. Note the free STPB tour for Changi Transit passengers.

STB is putting their eggs into the internet basket. They are going to rely heavily on word of mouth through online sites such as twitter, facebook, google, baidu etc etc.

This might eventually be cheaper than doing traditional commercial advertisements although they have to be careful about alienating the travel agents.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
DrPanacea, Malaysia, Truly Asia was plagiarism of New Asia Singapore back in the 1990s. Industry members are still sniggering at Malaysia.

But I guess since you like it, it works!

Golly, I didn't know that we were using "New Asia Singapore" before. If it works we shouldn't have changed it too quickly.
But I still think "Your Singapore" just doesn't cut. STB is not just talking to Singaporeans and residents but to the whole world out there.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Golly, I didn't know that we were using "New Asia Singapore" before. If it works we shouldn't have changed it too quickly.
But I still think "Your Singapore" just doesn't cut. STB is not just talking to Singaporeans and residents but to the whole world out there.

unfortunately, New Asia Singapore very abstract. Most people still dun understand what it means. Truly Asia seems easier to digest.

I thought Your Singapore is all right in time with the internet campaign.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
YourSingapore sounds very Cheap. This country belongs to everyone, come "play" & "enjoy" at their own way. But no chewing gum, of course.