• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub wants to up your broadband fees by more than 100%

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starhub wants to increase my broadband subscription by more than 100%.

The monkeys at Starhub informed me that upon expiry of my contract, my broadband plan would cease and I would be placed upon a plan costing $49.90. My original plan was $22 before GST.

As a sweetener, I get higher broadband speeds which I do not require.

image.jpg

Bloody highway robbery this high handed marketing strategy.
Ho Ching is laughing all the way ........

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i am you, go google for broadband prices from overseas like states, europe and australia. compare the prices and shove it up their arses.:wink:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Starhub wants to increase my broadband subscription by more than 100%.

The monkeys at Starhub informed me that upon expiry of my contract, my broadband plan would cease and I would be placed upon a plan costing $49.90. My original plan was $22 before GST.

As a sweetener, I get higher broadband speeds which I do not require.

View attachment 25161

Bloody highway robbery this high handed marketing strategy.
Ho Ching is laughing all the way ........

Your ass painful or not.. This is what ball-less sinkie shit losers voted for..so go to one corner and suck your own dick while shove your ur ass with a cactus.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's a really good deal. In NZ we pay more than double that amount for a crappy old ADSL capped plan.

Singaporeans really are a lucky lot thanks to the PAP.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rip off indeed. Frankly speaking, unless the whole of your family is doing heavy duty gaming and streaming HD quality online, you don't need 100Mbp.

To increase your subscription by over 100% for non fibre broadband is extortion. Look around for another ISP but Singapore tends to run its telecoms business in a oligopolistic fashion so moving to Singtel, M1 or even My Republic may not make too much of a difference. You still have a couple of months to decide.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a question of 100mbps, just checked starhub website, no more standalone cable broadband plan anymore. Only fibre or dual broadband....
My contract expire this year, time to look around for cheapest plan....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a question of 100mbps, just checked starhub website, no more standalone cable broadband plan anymore. Only fibre or dual broadband....
My contract expire this year, time to look around for cheapest plan....

I am using My Republic....shifted away from Starsux ages ago, never used Sing & Tell....fact is I used Starsux when they were known as Cyberwar & the other one would be Packet..... from the uSRobotics modem to Motorola Cable Modem....it was good back then....

My Republic....I have not much complaint....

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i am you, go google for broadband prices from overseas like states, europe and australia. compare the prices and shove it up their arses.:wink:

To which I say that Singapore's internet prices are cheaper and faster. Home internet in Singapore do not have a bandwidth cap compared to Australia and some European countries. We already have a 1Gbps for $40. So it more like the ang moh counterparts needs to look at Singapore's internet and shove it up their ISP's arses.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To which I say that Singapore's internet prices are cheaper and faster. Home internet in Singapore do not have a bandwidth cap compared to Australia and some European countries. We already have a 1Gbps for $40. So it more like the ang moh counterparts needs to look at Singapore's internet and shove it up their ISP's arses.

more or less the same, i was just comparing the prices of ADSL, which cheapest you can get is $39.99.

https://www.whistleout.com.au/Broadband/SearchResults?t=aca3fb8a-3290-499b-a39a-f7066878e05d

let's talk about mobile plans, the one which i having is unlimited local calls, inclusive of $10 free international calls. 10GB data which can be roll over to the following months. and I only pay $40 for a start and $30 thereafter. please go ahead and find such cheap plans in s'pore if there are!?!!?

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just saw one from Sonic, a small company in the US giving the bigger companies the middle finger with USD40. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dont mind a bandwidth cap,100gb per month is more than generous.i mean its not like iv got 10 seasons of tv shows to download and watch every month.
if u study internet statistics,80 to 90 percent of the users only use a relatively low amount of bandwitdh every month 20 gb or so.....its only the small minority that binge and abuse their bandwidth priviledges downloading 800 gb or more.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can get fiber bb known as NBN(Tier 1) in australia at $49.99, data capped at 200GB

it seems the norm here, data capping

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u can get unlimited broadband for 29.90 aud a month which is fantastic,plus byo modem which is even better because the singtel supplied china brand modem is a piece of shit....also remember these are australian prices.....if im making $18 an hour minimum wage i wouldnt be complaining about $50.thats like 3 hours of labour.in SG a mcdonalds worker have to work 8 hour shift just to make 50 bucks.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
more or less the same, i was just comparing the prices of ADSL, which cheapest you can get is $39.99.

https://www.whistleout.com.au/Broadband/SearchResults?t=aca3fb8a-3290-499b-a39a-f7066878e05d

let's talk about mobile plans, the one which i having is unlimited local calls, inclusive of $10 free international calls. 10GB data which can be roll over to the following months. and I only pay $40 for a start and $30 thereafter. please go ahead and find such cheap plans in s'pore if there are!?!!?

Let just hope that MyRepublic will be the next telco before we can see higher mobile internet data.