• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stand up comic Lim: Balls to you....

Beshitted

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/03/20/lim-swee-say-on-chasing-after-balls/

Lim Swee Say on chasing after BALLS

March 20, 2010 by admin
Filed under Review

Leave a comment

Parliamentary speeches, 10 March 2010

Mr Speaker, Sir, when I was young, I used to chase after fast ball: basketball, tennis ball, squash ball. But not anymore. Now, that I am not so young, I walk on the golf course with a ball that is not only slow but stationary most of the time.

Sir, when I switched to a slow ball, it is not that there was something wrong with the fast ball. But because, at different stages of our life, we just have to adapt to our physical condition and play with the right ball. Sir, the same applies to the economy.

The economy goes through different stages of growth as well and at each stage of the growth, you must make sure that the economy grow with the right strategy. From time to time, we need to shift our strategies in response to changes in the external environment and internal conditions.

For example, the Singapore economy. Over the years, we have shifted many times – from labour intensive to computerisation, automation and mechanisation (CAM), to capital intensive, to technology intensive and now knowledge, skill and innovation intensive. Each time, as we make the shift, instead of asking what is wrong with the past, we should focus on what is right for the future.

Source: Hansard

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Comical Ah Lim forgot to mention how he used to run around like a dog carrying balls.

Now that he is older, no energy to run, so must kneel down and lick balls.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For example, the Singapore economy. Over the years, we have shifted many times – from labour intensive to computerisation, automation and mechanisation (CAM), to capital intensive, to technology intensive and now knowledge, skill and innovation intensive. Each time, as we make the shift, instead of asking what is wrong with the past, we should focus on what is right for the future.

=> Isn't the reality as follows:

from labour intensive to computerisation, automation and mechanisation (CAM), to capital intensive, to technology intensive and NOW back to much more labour intensive ...just like from 3rd to 1st back to 3rd world, while the FAPee ministerial pay is on a one-way trip to the sun?

WHAT A SHAMLESS THIS BALL CARRIER IS!

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come he is always in the news this few months? Of lately, Our parliament has become a story telling competition stage. Every tom dick and harry was trying to tell his childhood stories.... they probably trying to gain sympathy from LHL to give them a chance again this coming election....

The world is laughing at us man.... for what we have chosen to lead us

S

Sakon Shima

Question : What does Lim Swee Say and Xia Xue have in common?

Answer : One is a stand up comedian while the other is an attention seeking whore but both are SIA SUAY.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHT is This comical story-teller LIM SIA SUAY so happy to see his CPF statement at the end of each month ??? Do greedy and coward sinkees listen to his stories ???

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Speaker, Sir, when I was young, I used to chase after fast ball: d

gay-test.jpg

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first thoughts on his "chasing balls" analogy is that it is not only corny, it is also inappropriate. From chasing fast balls as in basketballs,tennis balls & squash balls, now that he has made it (as in being rich), he chases after the slower golf balls. People are still jumping into the path of mrt trains & losing their marbles, so don't talkcock about golf and growing old.

By the way, I suppose he also chases after half-ball!:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come he is always in the news this few months? Of lately, Our parliament has become a story telling competition stage. Every tom dick and harry was trying to tell his childhood stories.... they probably trying to gain sympathy from LHL to give them a chance again this coming election....

The world is laughing at us man.... for what we have chosen to lead us

It started off with Mabrokey telling us how poor thing he was staying in Kim Keat Avenue off Balestier Rd....:rolleyes:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The higher you go, the smaller the balls you have to carry and play.

Rank n file: basketball, football, volleyball, bowling ball
Middle manager: tennis,
Boardroom: golf balls.
Higher than that: maybe marbles?

Comical Ah Lim forgot to mention how he used to run around like a dog carrying balls.

Now that he is older, no energy to run, so must kneel down and lick balls.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lim Swee Say on chasing after BALLS

The economy goes through different stages of growth as well and at each stage of the growth, you must make sure that the economy grow with the right strategy. From time to time, we need to shift our strategies in response to changes in the external environment and internal conditions.

Source: Hansard

Yah lah, Mr Lim, the economy goes through many stages; but how come the only constancy is your million dollar salary?! FUCK YOU UNDERSTAND!