• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat ST Forum: Decouple private healthcare from MediShield Life

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST Forum: Decouple private healthcare from MediShield Life
Healthcare workers attending to a patient arriving at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital on Apr 21, 2020.
nz_hospital_171028.jpg

Healthcare workers attending to a patient arriving at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital on Apr 21, 2020.ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
PUBLISHED OCT 17, 2020, 5:00 AM SGT
In the ongoing conversation about the proposed MediShield Life revamp and expected increase in premiums, thus far the argument justifying the hefty increases has either been the rise in claim limits or ever ballooning healthcare costs.
Today, the structure of the system has resulted in higher premiums for people seeking treatment in public hospitals because claims for private hospitalisation have increased significantly.
Why does an increase in private hospitalisation claims translate to higher premiums for people who go the public hospital route? Does it not sound unfair?
Perhaps it is time to redesign the scheme to more equitably reflect a fairer burden on those who go for public hospitalisation only.
Maybe private hospitalisation insurance should be separated from MediShield Life.
Also, if costs keep going up, economic logic then suggests that either demand be reduced or supply increased.
If there is too high a demand, then the Ministry of Health (MOH) should be looking into the reasons for it and if they can be addressed.
For instance, if private hospital costs have gone up because of higher demand from an ageing population, then maybe there is a real demand for more private hospitals.
Simply relying on the old argument that premiums have to go up due to inevitable cost increases is not enough.
Besides, it was reported that MOH will review claim limits more regularly, around every three years instead of the current five years (MediShield Life coverage set to widen next year, Sept 30), so does that mean a premium increase every three years?
The Government needs to think out of the box.
Chang Wei Meng
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/decouple-private-healthcare-from-medishield-life

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
coolie care should be separated from elite care, just like pubic and private parts are not exactly the one and the same.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think this is definitely necessary to prevent some people from getting private care paying $8 KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think this is definitely necessary to prevent some people from getting private care paying $8 KNN
KNN my uncle also think it was very stoopid for some people to proudly disclose to the world about their pte care paying $8 KNN he should just secretly laughing at his recovery bed kekekeke and other people might not have leediscovered KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medishield life is not setup to really help people.

It is setup as an arm of CPF to make money or to reduce the debt burden on CPF interest.

As with all insurance companies the objective is to make money and profits.

Dont be fooled.
KNN my uncle also think the medical cost before subsidy is artificially marked up in sg KNN it is just a ghost figure and even the leech and upper middle crass does not leelee pay the before subsidy rate as they are covered by the insurance companies KNN after subsidy the payable amount can be used by medishield & medisave but that is only as a inpatient KNN once you are discharged is the time where they will milk you till dry KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN my uncle also think the medical cost before subsidy is artificially marked up in sg KNN it is just a ghost figure and even the leech and upper middle crass does not leelee pay the before subsidy rate as they are covered by the insurance companies KNN after subsidy the payable amount can be used by medishield & medisave but that is only as a inpatient KNN once you are discharged is the time where they will milk you till dry KNN

You know why people like KBW can have $8 bill?

Probably surgeon waive his fee to earn points with health minister

Hospital CEO also waive fees to score points with Minister.

All over waive here waive there.

Of course if you peasant nobody bother waive for you.

Although I do know some good consultants sometimes will waive for chum cases. But hospital wont waive lah.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know why people like KBW can have $8 bill?

Probably surgeon waive his fee to earn points with health minister

Hospital CEO also waive fees to score points with Minister.

All over waive here waive there.

Of course if you peasant nobody bother waive for you.

Although I do know some good consultants sometimes will waive for chum cases. But hospital wont waive lah.
KNN if that is leelee true means kbw is a blur sotong that did not rooked at his bill and gone online to brag KNN my uncle know hospital finance dept only go strictly by the book KNN the waiving part can only be done by the loctor giving instructions to nurse to not tick the service in the charge form for some cham case KNN my uncle had personally encountered 1 such good loctor still in housemanship KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN if that is leelee true means kbw is a blur sotong that did not rooked at his bill and gone online to brag KNN my uncle know hospital finance dept only go strictly by the book KNN the waiving part can only be done by the loctor giving instructions to nurse to not tick the service in the charge form for some cham case KNN my uncle had personally encountered 1 such good loctor still in housemanship KNN
eg let say a loctor ordered blood test for a patient at intervals of 2 mth 3mth and only after leeviewing the leesult he will then be able to leecide the next plan or medication dosage KNN a standard protocol would be the patient will need to revisit him and pay consultation fee to leeview but a sympathetic gd loctor will not mind to set alarm in his calendar and leeview it thereafter calling the patient to inform him of the leesult and action plan KNN that houseman loctor that my uncle leespected the most is he even told my uncle he agreed the cost for the leecomended followup treatments is too hard to bear for a commoner therefore he didn't mind to do backend waiving of ongoing treatments KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
eg let say a loctor ordered blood test for a patient at intervals of 2 mth 3mth and only after leeviewing the leesult he will then be able to leecide the next plan or medication dosage KNN a standard protocol would be the patient will need to revisit him and pay consultation fee to leeview but a sympathetic gd loctor will not mind to set alarm in his calendar and leeview it thereafter calling the patient to inform him of the leesult and action plan KNN
Like that doctor no need to earn money lah.

But it is what people expect these days. No one wants to pay for health care. Consult.

Just talking only right? Pay what consult? Rubbish lah.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN my uncle also shock lo to encounter such gd loctor KNN but my uncle believes he also see case to case basis KNN

Should go back to olden times.

Only the nobles and rich are dr.

They dont heal as a job or for money they heal when they want to.

Meaning patient have to beg. It is not about money.

Nowadays patient first patient tops patient best doctor is piece of shit.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medishield life is not setup to really help people.

It is setup as an arm of CPF to make money or to reduce the debt burden on CPF interest.

As with all insurance companies the objective is to make money and profits.

Dont be fooled.
No body is fool. Only worker party pretending not to know. :unsure:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should go back to olden times.

Only the nobles and rich are dr.

They dont heal as a job or for money they heal when they want to.

Meaning patient have to beg. It is not about money.

Nowadays patient first patient tops patient best doctor is piece of shit.

Not really. I remember going to the polyclinic back in the day, when it was still cheap public healthcare. The doctors there were usually very grumpy or sad-looking, and I surmised they were the 'cannot-make-it' ones, otherwise they would be plying their trade in a hospital or as a GP in a private clinic.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Not really. I remember going to the polyclinic back in the day, when it was still cheap public healthcare. The doctors there were usually very grumpy or sad-looking, and I surmised they were the 'cannot-make-it' ones, otherwise they would be plying their trade in a hospital or as a GP in a private clinic.

Not talking so modern lah.

Maybe like back during the 1800s. Lol!

Actually you got it wrong.

The good doctors are those who stick to principles. Do the correct thing. The things that help the patient.

Not just simply whatever patients want. Say what patients want to hear.

Remember SMC dont investigate if patient is happy never complain. Many patient take sleeping pills for so many years until addict never complain. But it is the children complain that dr make father into sleeping pill addict.

However the doctor who stick to customer correct become more popular more rich more powerful and sell the idea that patient should decide not dr.

So all those grumpy drs? They cannot sleep at night if do crap quack medicine follow what
Patient like. But nobody appreciate them.

You shoudl see how things work in private health sector then you tell me which one you prefer.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh. Actually quite sick with life in general. Doesnt matter rich or not. Would like it if die peacefully in my sleep tonight.
that means you’re yearning to get promoted to the next life. start all over again, and probability is high as ceca neh trying to get into sg as ft. for me, i want to grow old with puppy and get promoted together in another decade.