• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore to pull out as 2013 SEA Games host due to Sports Hub debacle

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
sscmcysmodel.jpg

http://sports.inquirer.net/breaking.../Singapore-to-pull-out-as-2013-SEA-Games-host

Singapore to pull out as 2013 SEA Games host

Agence France-Presse
First Posted 17:36:00 01/12/2010

SINGAPORE—Singapore's sports minister confirmed Tuesday the city-state wants to pull out of hosting the 2013 Southeast Asian (SEA) Games because of delays in the construction of a new sports hub.

Vivian Balakrishnan, the Minister of Community Development, Youth and Sports, told parliament that Singapore had informed the SEA Games Federation it "would be ideal" to host the biennial event in 2015 when the facility is ready.

"The SEA Games is a significant event in Singapore's sporting calendar," he said, adding that Singapore would like the Games to be the first international event held in the sports hub.

"I therefore informed the president of the SEA Games Federation that it would be ideal for Singapore to host the 2015 SEA Games instead of 2013. He informed me that there are several other countries that are keen to host the 2013 Games," he said.

Singapore's decision to pull out of hosting the biennial event follows repeated delays to a $1.34 billion (1.87 billion Singapore dollars) Sports Hub, originally scheduled to be completed this year.

The facility, including a 55,000-seater National Stadium with a retractable roof, would have staged major sports such as swimming, athletics and football.

Balakrishnan said the project's delays were due to high construction costs and the global economic downturn.

Laos hosted the 2009 SEA Games in December.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nabe last minute pull out. Dame Malu whole Asean will laugh at Sinkie. No money talk big big cock. Now who will host the event in less than 2 year . Most probably will be Malaysia because they have they best facilities among Asean country.
Malaysia news/paper will make a big news out of it. Something like "Singapore unable to host the Asean game so we Malaysia have the best facilities will take over to host the game"

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bloody sports hub is a bloody national embarassment. We've been talking about this for what? Close to 10 years? And what happens? We've not even freaking tear down the freaking old stadium. The nincompoop in charge of this should be sacked

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To display his "neutrality", thus the hitting against MIW for this. No problem, I am also enjoying his charade. :wink:

Please do a search on all subjects relating to this topic where I posted. It's not the first time I've voiced my disapproval. As mentioned earlier, I post when I do not agree with something. Subjects which U can probably find my name in them include the sports hub, Tiger Airways, WKS and ICA, CSJ, UncleYap.

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do a search on all subjects relating to this topic where I posted. It's not the first time I've voiced my disapproval. As mentioned earlier, I post when I do not agree with something. Subjects which U can probably find my name in them include the sports hub, Tiger Airways, WKS and ICA, CSJ, UncleYap.

Someone thinks that sprinkling a tiny pinch of chilli powder will make curry out of a pot. :rolleyes: Oh, i forgot, immediately after my revelation, he just did at the sports hub thread. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone thinks that sprinkling a tiny pinch of chilli powder will make curry out of a pot. :rolleyes: Oh, i forgot, immediately after my revelation, he just did at the sports hub thread. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please refer to this

The sports hub is more like a national Joke. I loss count of the number of times they held events at the national stadium AFTER it's official closing

http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=45366

It's before U "joined" the forum

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
To appear as "NEUTRAL" one has to do some shadow boxing at times with his own pedigree. And so proudly he can proclaim "I AM NEUTRAL" and then snipe at his real target with ease. :wink:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They got money also cannot buy more space in Singapore. they should hold the national stadium project and build more residential building.
Or they can enbloc the national stadium land parcel into a condo project, since national studium is empty except on national day and when man u come to play here.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To appear as "NEUTRAL" one has to do some shadow boxing at times with his own pedigree. And so proudly he can proclaim "I AM NEUTRAL" and then snipe at his real target with ease. :wink:

So far I've been the only one who can provide prove of my claims. U've only been throwing accusations up in the air but providing nothing to support your claims. It would be nice to see something from U since U claim I did all those things. It would be easy for others to judge.

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far I've been the only one who can provide prove of my claims. U've only been throwing accusations up in the air but providing nothing to support your claims. It would be nice to see something from U since U claim I did all those things. It would be easy for others to judge.

Sniping at critics of MIW - plenty of posts, just click on his nick and look for posts and all is there for one to read and judge. What is one's agenda in doing so, that is for me and him to know. :wink:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sniping at critics of MIW - plenty of posts, just click on his nick and look for posts and all is there for one to read and judge. What is one's agenda in doing so, that is for me and him to know. :wink:

Again avoiding the question. that's what U seem to be good at. Never trying to substantiate your claims and hope that others in here are dumb enough to believe random bullshit

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again avoiding the question. that's what U seem to be good at. Never trying to substantiate your claims and hope that others in here are dumb enough to believe random bullshit

Avoid answering questions? But up to now, he has yet to answer for his agenda? :confused:

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
To display his "neutrality", thus the hitting against MIW for this. No problem, I am also enjoying his charade. :wink:

Don't forget his big fuck grandfather who migrated to SG when it was still a colony. Somehow, because of this move, he sucks up to the PAP for their FT policy. The logic of his argument is so esoteric that it is beyond a lesser mortal like me. Maybe he knows if his grandfather hadn't made the move, he will be selling his backside somewhere else and it is giving him nightmares.

Know of anyone else who likes to talk about forefathers and karma? Think E___ H__.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget his big fuck grandfather who migrated to SG when it was still a colony. Somehow, because of this move, he sucks up to the PAP for their FT policy. The logic of his argument is so esoteric that it is beyond a lesser mortal like me. Maybe he knows if his grandfather hadn't made the move, he will be selling his backside somewhere else and it is giving him nightmares.

Know of anyone else who likes to talk about forefathers and karma? Think E___ H__.

Unlike a certain E_ H_, My parents havent made all the right moves. U can do a search somewhere in this forum, I've stated before my family owns a hawker stall in Chinatown and I am no higher immortals. I stated the fact about Grandpa becoz he was from China and in today's context he is called a new immigrant. And I do not see any difference between my Grandfather as a new immigrant and the Ah Tiong who took up citizenship here which I was drawing comparison to. Please try not to twist the facts too much

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can you 3 create a new tread for your pillow talk? i also want to read but it is disturbing other proples' tread.
Thank you.