• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spetsnaz Special: The Legendary Kalashnikov (RT Documentary)

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, u claim M16 keep IA but under live firing or blanks?

i work as armskote during NS, as long FFF done correctly, IA not a problem. i mostly carry the M203 attach M16, the weapon seldom IA outfield firing blanks, the cartridge bag also can cause IA as it may get in the way when the round was ejected out. i got $$ for my ord shoot with my trusty M203.

yes bro, live round. shooting out at sea. MP5, GPMG and 0.5 all no prob. but M16. every life firing sure got IA.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I shoot with left hand, chopsticks both hand can, PCC prefer left hand and I write with my right hand. Is there something wrong with me? :o

i shoot also left hand. chopsticks both hand too. write left. PCC both hand and sometime back hand!!!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i shoot also left hand. chopsticks both hand too. write left. PCC both hand and sometime back hand!!!

My elder brother is also ambidextrous like you guys. Actually he was left-handed but due to scoldings by my parents, he learned to use his right hand for eating. He plays badminton with both hands but uses his left to play golf.

M16 is a bitch to fire for left-handers as the cartridges pop out and lands on the firer's skin, and often burn it.

bullseye

Alfrescian
Loyal
This rifle is far superior to the lousy American M16. The good for nothing useless rifle was only good for 1 thing, IA. PUI!!!! Good thing we move to the SAR21. WAY WAY better than that useless piece of dogshit.

Yes i agree. There was a documentary that compared these 2 rifles and in the end the Kalasnikov was shown to be the better one.
The M16 was more accurate but the K packed much more power and did more damage.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i agree. There was a documentary that compared these 2 rifles and in the end the Kalasnikov was shown to be the better one. The M16 was more accurate but the K packed much more power and did more damage.

Yes the AK is a much heavier weapon, ever see a 7.62 round before? much bigger than your 5.56, the recoil on the AK is also a lot heavier, plus the 45 round banana on the AK compared to the 30 in M16. Overall, the AK is a beast compared to the M16 but it is also a lot heavier, the M16 is lighter & more "elegant" assualt rifle but all of that is peanuts compared to the new weapons of today. Almost 100 years ago during WW1, general infantry were cannon fodder, today it's cannon fodder, mines, IED, attack from above, attack from afar & out of eyesight range, how to stay alive?

The problems with M16 jamming etc. is becos that damn weapon is probably older than many of you, handed down from 1 intake to another, used & abused by recruits, even the ones kept aside for range also koyak from so many years of abuse. That's why SG Chartered Industries was set up to develop it's own SAR weapons, easier to get parts & servicing. Even though SCI was making M16 under license from US, it was still costly so they phased it out.

bullseye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems with M16 jamming etc. is becos that damn weapon is probably older than many of you, handed down from 1 intake to another, used & abused by recruits, even the ones kept aside for range also koyak from so many years of abuse. That's why SG Chartered Industries was set up to develop it's own SAR weapons, easier to get parts & servicing. Even though SCI was making M16 under license from US, it was still costly so they phased it out.

Yes because of the M16 being more delicate, continued and concentrated firing of the weapon does cause jamming which is not desirable at all during a firefight.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes the AK is a much heavier weapon, ever see a 7.62 round before? much bigger than your 5.56, the recoil on the AK is also a lot heavier, plus the 45 round banana on the AK compared to the 30 in M16. Overall, the AK is a beast compared to the M16 but it is also a lot heavier, the M16 is lighter & more "elegant" assualt rifle but all of that is peanuts compared to the new weapons of today. Almost 100 years ago during WW1, general infantry were cannon fodder, today it's cannon fodder, mines, IED, attack from above, attack from afar & out of eyesight range, how to stay alive?

From your post, it is obvious you did not bother watching the video. There are many models of the AK47 and the 7.62 mm ones are the original versions. Go to the last part of the video if you cannot be bothered to watch the entire video.

Being those from the older batch of NS men, you are wrong. Even the new ones we had were giving a lot of IA problems. HB versions keeps on firing even though safety catch was on because it gets too hot after a few hundred bursts.