• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speech Good Engrish Movement want chu to shares favourite Engrish phrase!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Favourite English phrase? Share it with friends

By Jacqueline Woo
my paper
Thursday, Sep 20, 2012

20120920.084545_sgem.jpg

Share your favourite English quotes and phrases with sticky notes or through social-media sites: This is the call the Speak Good English Movement (SGEM) is making this year.

The reason? To remind Singaporeans to speak well.

This year's SGEM campaign will be launched next Thursday, with the tagline "Make Good English Stick".

Through various channels - such as exhibitions, posters and online social networks - the movement is reminding Singaporeans that the effective and successful use of language will stick only with constant and consistent practice.

And one way SGEM is trying to achieve this is through the use of sticky notes as reminders in hopes of broadening the environment in which proper and standard English is spoken and heard here.

Featuring sticky notes is not a new concept, though.

Two years ago, SGEM urged people to use sticky notes to pen down incorrect use of English that they spotted.

In contrast, this year's campaign has evolved and focuses more on using notes to get people to be more conscious about using standard English, said Mr Goh Eck Kheng, SGEM's chairman.

He added that while Singlish is "part and parcel of our culture, it can only take us so far".

SGEM was first introduced in 2000 by then prime minister Goh Chok Tong, with the aim of making Singaporeans recognise the importance of speaking good English and encouraging them to do so.

In line with the movement's tagline this year, colourful wall murals made up of sticky notes with English phrases will be popping up in public places over the next month.

A fashion show and exhibition flaunting outfits created from sticky notes will take place during the movement's official launch.

The garments will then be displayed at five shopping malls.

The outfits will be designed by students from the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) and Raffles Design Institute.

On why a sticky-note fashion exhibition can be effective, MDIS' School of Media and Communications head Vinod Kumar M. said that designs which promote good English are immediately translated into the mind and stay there.

[email protected]

Get my paper for more stories.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Dunch pray pray ok?
2. Wait long long!
3. Why you so like dat?
4. See me no up is it?
5. Cry father cry mother.
6. Vely horrigible!
7. Laugh until can die man!

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Dunch pray pray ok?
2. Wait long long!
3. Why you so like dat?
4. See me no up is it?
5. Cry father cry mother.
6. Vely horrigible!
7. Laugh until can die man!

AhLian: Lets have a baby,
AhBeng: Dunch pray pray ok,
AhLian: Wait long long ah!
AhBeng: Why you so like dat?
AhLian: You see me no up is it?
AhBeng: Why you cry father cry mother?
AhLian: You vely horrigible!
AhBeng: Laugh until can die man.. slams the door in her face!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, yes y'all.
We don't stop.
Get creative, can do, rock on!

Yes, yes y'all.
We don't stop.
Get connected worldwide, rock on!

[video=youtube;nngYqmulLJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngYqmulLJI[/video]