• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some interesting facts on MM Lee

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
A sniper killed an innocent woman at Queenstown many years ago. The sniper was never caught. Some people believe it was a warning to LKY.

An uncle said the shot was a warning from the than Indon President Sukarno,executed by one of their elite trooper....That is why till today Leegime never fucks around with Indon though it toys with Malaysia..

Starving.Artist

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Some interesting facts on MM Lee</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>limpy lau peng (singaforever) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Nov-1 5:32 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 86) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>23650.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Fact 1. Someone took a shot at him when he was holidaying in Cameron Highlands many years ago. As such he has an obsession on high buildings around the Istana. Took him many years but he finally got the Cockpit Hotel demolished. That was the last high-rise building overlooking the Istana. Also explains why he has never gone back to Malaysia for a very long time until recently (when he had no choice as Pinkie could not handle the Malaysians)
Fact 2. He loves to 'tekan' the provost guards at the entrance of the Istana. He will peer out of his vehicle to watch the guards perform the 'hormat senjata'. Situation was quite bad espepcially since the guards were issued with the new SAR21. Each time they hormat, the magazine will drop out. 10 minutes later the Guard Commander will receive a phone call from the MM Lee's secretary to let the unlucky guard sign extras. Here we are talking about 7 or 14. The police co-guarding the gate are very sympathetice. They will pick gthe magazine and try to insert into the SAR21 rifle even as the Provost officer assume the hormat position. Provost hate being deployed to the Istana for that reason.
Fact 3. PWD horti people hate getting deployed to maintain the grounds of the Istana. MM Lee is known to ride his lao pock pock bicycle to ambush the gardeners with all kinds of questions. After giving the answer, he will mull over it then say "Get your facts right!" He either has an opsession with right facts or he already knows the answer.
Fact 4. PWD maintenance people dislike to be deployed to the istana again for the simple reason that he likes cold. Standard aircon has a minimum setting of 18 degrees. His office in the Istana has the aircon modified to operate at 16 degrees and he will wear a thick coat while working. He mentioned in hi memoir that he sweats a lot.
Fact 5. He expects everyone he talks to, to be a mini Einstein. If you can't convince him, he will demand that you be replaced with a parting warning, "Get your facts right!".
Fact 6. We now know that he hates people who fidget, cross their legs and who talks too much.
My impression is that MM Lee is a very 'obsessive', 'demanding' and 'paranoid' person bordering on 'schizoprenia'. I would love to add 'melodramatic' and 'congenital' but some brothers here would probably not agree. His speeches are very dramatic like if he can't say what he wants, heads will roll and its gonna be the end of the world.
What's your comment?
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SIXTEEN DEGREES CENTIGRADE exhibition in Singapore

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Quote:>>>His comments on their reports are very direct and concise, written usually at the top right hand corner.<<<

And in red ink. The old man Lee uses red ink to sign and write his comments.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are many ways to rule a country and to subject men who work under you with fear, pay corruptly to such an extent that they'll do your bidding or make it known to them that I have the power to crush them in any way I wish, such till they will obey you and do what you want them to do, without even asking . You can do this thru violent means or thru a method where you have established a set of unwritten rules, whereby they'll know the methods by which I need to get things done.

I perfer the last method, as a way to impart my style of running this place.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Quote:>>>His comments on their reports are very direct and concise, written usually at the top right hand corner.<<<

And in red ink. The old man Lee uses red ink to sign and write his comments.

same practise as emperor kang xi when he wrote his comments for art pieces/caligraphy submitted to him for appraisal.. LKY think he is emperor:eek:

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come no one mentioned that the old man Lee only drinks "evian" mineral water during his walkabouts, carried by his security man (a policeman with the rank of Inspector). The mineral water must be kept sealed and he will only break the seal when he wants to drink the water.

The seal is from the evian factory, factory sealed.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, how come nobody mentioned this before: Old man Lee often wears a Kelvar body armour (bullet-proof vest) when he goes overseas.

His body armour is custom-made, like for most VIPs in the world.

jw5

Loyal
What do you think are the events that influenced his life the most?
And what resulted from these events?
Some possibilities include:
1. The breaking up of Malaya.
2. Racial riots.
3. Certain sad events in his family.
4. His reading and understanding of human behaviour, especially Singaporean human behavour.
5. Corruption and/or disobedience among his ranks.
6. Living through the 2nd world war and the terror reign of the Japs and Germans.

Anything else to add? Or refute? Or comment on what resulted from these events?

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the case about Tay Cheang Wan's (then the Minister of National Development and boss of HDB) curruption affected him. He was always referring to his Ministers as "gentleman" as "clean".

He was the last person seeing Tay Cheang Wan alive that night. The next morning Tay Cheang Wan was found dead, evidently by swallowing the whole bottle of sleeping pills. How did Tay Cheang Wan get the bottle of sleeping pills? My guess is good as yours.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, how come nobody mentioned this before: Old man Lee often wears a Kelvar body armour (bullet-proof vest) when he goes overseas.

His body armour is custom-made, like for most VIPs in the world.

1-3.jpg

You really think body armour is enough for me?
They protect my body but not my head, my arms and legs.
That's why I had a couple of body doubles to stand in for me.:biggrin: