• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SO SAD!!! Man dies lonely, no electricity, no water and HDB came to reposssess

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://938live.sg/portal/site/938Li...aram=18d2638896593110VgnVCM100000e101000aRCRD

Updated: 7th May 2009, 1900 hrs
Highly decomposed body found in flat

A highly decomposed body was discovered in a flat at block 148 Woodlands Street 13.

Police were alerted about the find at about ten this morning.

Saifulbahri Ismail who was at the scene with this report :

Even though police described the body as 'highly decomposed', there wasn't any acute smell of death.

Neighbours 938LIVE spoke to didn't sense that something was amiss.

Mr Mazlan Mohd Noor lives next to the unit in which the body was found.

The 43 year old despatch rider said he didn't hear or see anything out of the ordinary.

He said the person who lived in the unit was a Chinese man in his late 40s.

But he last saw him in October.

They've been neighbours for some five years, but Mr Mazlan never knew his name.

He describes him as a friendly person :

"I always call my neighbour uncle. I think this uncle is very good, never give us problem. (He) takes care of the neighbours here also. (He) looks out for us when we go out to work, or (when) our family goes out, to take care of our house. I think he's a nice guy."

He recalled some of the things they had conversations about.

"Always talk about job, living expenses like job, money very hard now. About that only. So far, he never tell me about (his) difficulties, only tells me about the PUB bills, they (HDB) cut off already. He say 'cannot pay', 'can't afford to pay'."

According to Mr Mazlan, the Housing and Development Board has been trying to find his neighbour due to his mortgage arrears.

Officers from the Board had also previously asked Mr Mazlan about his neighbour's whereabouts.

A few days ago, the HDB told Mr Mazlan they were going to break open and repossess his neighbour's flat.

Mr Mazlan was informed so as not to cause any alarm to his family.

This morning, HBD officers came to the flat and entered the unit which was shrouded in darkness.

The officers then knocked on Mr Mazlan's home to ask if they could borrow a torch light.

That's when Mr Mazlan believed they found the decomposed body.

Police have classified the case as unnatural death and is currently investigating.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh.....

"Always talk about job, living expenses like job, money very hard now. About that only. So far, he never tell me about (his) difficulties, only tells me about the PUB bills, they (HDB) cut off already. He say 'cannot pay', 'can't afford to pay'."

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=452><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Published May 8, 2009
c.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=452 colSpan=2>Stay on bright side to beat slump: panellist
Markets in Africa, Indonesia, Mid-East offer opportunities

By CHEN HUIFEN
<TABLE class=storyLinks border=0 cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width=136 align=right><TBODY><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Email this article</TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Print article </TD></TR><TR class=font10><TD width=20 align=right> </TD><TD>Feedback</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
ENTREPRENEURS here need to remain optimistic if they want to emerge from the downturn stronger, panellists at an SME conference on the business outlook said yesterday.

<TABLE class=picBoxL cellSpacing=2 width=100 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=caption><TD>Opening vistas: (from left) Mr Teng, Mr Leow and Mr Seah. On creating successful enterprises, panellists say what needs to be changed here is the culture </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>At the conference - organised by the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) and the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (Asme) - Asme president Lawrence Leow said optimists are more likely to succeed because rather than sitting and griping, they face their problems head on and deal with them.
'I look at people around me, and those very successful ones who are still doing well, I realise they have one common factor,' said Mr Leow.
'They are people with optimism. And their energy is so strong. These are the people that are likely to succeed.'
His encouraging comment won the applause of many in the 180-strong audience - amid a mixed mood marked by differing and uncertain views.
US officials are proclaiming that 'green shoots' of recovery are showing through. But unemployment there is high and retail sales weak.
In Singapore, a 26 per cent drop in exports in Q1 prompted a cut in full-year GDP forecast to a range of minus-6 to minus-9 per cent - but April's purchasing managers index is beginning to show an improvement.
Amid such uncertainty, panellists yesterday suggested that entrepreneurs look for opportunities outside conventional markets.
For instance, Freddie Low, CEO of luxury goods retailer Baker@Asia, started his business in Indonesia, instead of following the traditional route of setting up in Singapore before venturing abroad.
'Today, Indonesia is very stable politically, and because of that there is a growing middle-class,' he said. 'And with this growing middle class, if you think about it, 20-30 years down the road, it will be an economy the size of America. Not many people really think about that.'
Panellists including DBS economist Irvin Seah also listed Africa, parts of the Middle East and clean technology among areas of opportunity.
A member of the audience asked what can be done to help Singapore to create successful enterprises like Google, Microsoft or Hewlett-Packard.
The panel said the government is already providing plenty of support for entrepreneurial activity here, relative to Singapore's regional counterparts, and what needs to be changed, perhaps, is the culture.
National Library Board chief executive N Varaprasad pointed out that entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley share their ideas and help one another. But here, the prevalent mindset is to keep your ideas to yourself for fear someone else may exploit them.
SBF president Teng Theng Dar said Singapore needs to discard the principles of 'larkseh-ism', 'paiseh-ism' and 'linpeh-ism'. The first two are spin-offs of Hokkien terms that mean embarrassment and feeling apologetic.
'Of course, most important of all, those who are facilitating the process of supporting the entrepreneurs, please, for heaven's sake, don't practise 'linpeh- ism',' said Mr Teng, much to the laughter of the crowd. 'Linpeh-ism', inspired from a Hokkien term to mean 'I'm your father', broadly refers to a know-it-all attitude used to describe a person who refuses to accept advice or listen to others.
During the conference, at Parkroyal Hotel in Beach Road, Mr Teng also urged business leaders to use the (Ebis), a low-cost market research tool driven by SBF and its partners.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>Police have classified the case as unnatural death and is currently investigating.>

If you owe the pappies money & died, and did not inform them, that is unnatural!!:biggrin:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
this reminds me of the story of "the girl who sells matches"

althrough those european countries imposes higher tax, higher vat (gst) and their welfare systems are often commented in the eatern as stupid and this prevented these countries from achieving number 1. think of one who pay and pay all these tax, when he gets old, he can afford to sit in the park and eat ice-cream.

recently i had an interview for workers, and more than hundred turn out. some of them even more thank 65!!!!!!!!!

very sad. by the way, my grandpa worked to do part-time accounting till 68. what impress me is there is no improvement over the years for those who are not financially sound, and must work until his last breath. even though, having a job at this age, is still a blessing.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, in his apology, he said: “I should not have said what I did about people’s inability to take the brutal truth and strong language.”MP’s statement. Esteemed Mr Wee Siew Kim, MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC

How come AMK GRC have so many jokers MP?
Lee Bee Wah made a mess out of STTA.
This Wee had a kind of daughter, I wonder how his moral standard really up to, to have this asshole daughter.
Then Seng Heng Tong ganna burnt by resident this year too.

Guess LHL's GRC really has many problem.:rolleyes:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh boy!

god of no mercy strikes again, taking another sad soul from earth!

While every old men in Europe get to enjoy life by driving their latest luxury cars or sports cars, and drive around and enjoy the great scenery, in addition to their retirement fund and cheap healthcare provided by their worldclass govt.

Old men in sgp can only wallow in misery and waiting to die with their utilities being cut off, because govt threw away 260 billions of our taxpayer monies!

Talks about economic competitiveness and prudence govt. spendings, unfortunately he is not invited on the gravy train, while at the same time elites have too much on their plates.

Gee what a stark contrast! This is making me puke!

I wonder how many more souls have to end up in this way before the pap dominated govt finally wake up their fcuking ideas!

Last edited:

tiulehloudau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sooner or later tiulehlohmohfarhai you will succumb to the hidden syphilis virus in your brain brought about through your mother's profession. Get your brain and mouth checked at Kelantan Lane Clinic for the antibodies that had developed as the result of your Japanese father Fukuyu Mada's ardour!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Why the fuck you did not dare to log on with your lancheowman which actually means enlarged clitoris boy lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame? Oh yah no balls just pimples for testicles hor. Suck my dick and do it good mudskipper!

ha ha ha....did I not tell you that your body will be collected by the papy gov......why so agitated leh.....he he he.....:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Today, Indonesia is very stable politically, and because of that there is a growing middle-class,' he said. 'And with this growing middle class, if you think about it, 20-30 years down the road, it will be an economy the size of America. Not many people really think about that.'

Whats going to happen to Spore without cheap Indo maids, they are supporting the PAP(levee$$$) & alot of households :eek:

In 20-30 years time Spore will probably be underwater(fiscally & physically) :rolleyes:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe the unemployed old man owe znghu too much $, then always go ask MP for subsidies here n there, until they buey tahan, get the old man assasinated, so they have 1 less burden in the constituency

MoonWu

ha ha ha....did I not tell you that your body will be collected by the papy gov......why so agitated leh.....he he he.....:biggrin:

Not agitated lah lancheowlessboy..lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame just laughing my head off at your less than of standard pathetic responses. What is that I was laughing about? here goes...... arse this arse that...
Arsed with what? your enlarged clitoris? your mama was grinning ear to ear from my eight incher!:p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the evil HDB strike again at the poor. without trying to look for him, just want to take back what is their.