• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So is SingTel's mio going to screen Champions League matches?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Champions League starting this week. Any news or insider info on what is happening on the broadcasting rights?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
not goalpost shifted..NO GOAL POST !

Aug 25, 2012 9:55:00 AM
Broadcasting licenses for next season's Serie A, Champions League and FA Cup in Singapore remain unallocated

The failure to secure television rights has stirred discontent amongst local fans, who have subsequently voiced their concern at missing the chance of seeing their teams in action

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best to pop across the causeway and catch the action on Astro SuperSports.
Can't rely on Singtel/Starhub to pull their fingers out. Always like this in Sinkie.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it all starhub and singtel fault when they bid so farking high for yesteryears broadcast rights. $400m for epl rights, of course Uefa will treat singapore like cai tou lah. from $15 per month for all sports to now $50 for football only. well done starhub and singtel!!! ptui...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it all starhub and singtel fault when they bid so farking high for yesteryears broadcast rights. $400m for epl rights, of course Uefa will treat singapore like cai tou lah. from $15 per month for all sports to now $50 for football only. well done starhub and singtel!!! ptui...

It was Singtel's fault alone for making the whopping bid for exclusive broadcast rights.

It took that incident for the IDA/MDA to wake up their bloody idea.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was Singtel's fault alone for making the whopping bid for exclusive broadcast rights.

b4 singtel come along, starhub also bid farking high to beat espn. espn only bid $25m but starbub bid was a few time higher. that when all the nonsense started.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so we should be getting it cheaper next season or at least no significant increase in price?

was Euro2012 a shared bid? why was it so expensive?

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
...of course Uefa will treat singapore like cai tou lah. from $15 per month for all sports to now $50 for football only. well done starhub and singtel!!! ptui...
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:
starhub and singtel
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:
F them deep deep!!!

bergkamp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really upset with SingTel. Shouldn't they reduce the Sports subscription price if no Champions League.
After last season's final game booboo, they are doing this to Sports fans again...grrr....!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who cares when many things are free and available on the net? Strong VPN is KING. :biggrin:

i tried to watch the matches online but the stream always lag to the point of unwatchable. i give up on streaming already. i rather pay to watch on miotv or don't watch at all. maybe my internet connection too slow.

Ranting won't help. Google is your friend. Use Strong VPN for movies without any restriction of access. :biggrin:

VPN same as proxy port change?

i manually change my proxy ip to bypass access restrictions, that's good enough.

Maximilian Veers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tried to watch the matches online but the stream always lag to the point of unwatchable. i give up on streaming already. i rather pay to watch on miotv or don't watch at all. maybe my internet connection too slow.

Most websites gives u multiple links so i usually open 2-3 links of a different sauce. :biggrin:

Last edited: