• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So Damn Malu,My Kiasu Mentality Cause Me A Place In The Final.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Last week i was in genting for the 2013 baccarat tournament.
I had participate once before several years ago and was out in the first round.
this time round i'm much more prepare and intend to use or apply what i call is kiasu discipline..hopefully this kiasu thing works for me just as it works for many sporeans back home..
Each contestant was given a $100k chips with a minimum bet of $2k and Maximum $20k.
A secret bet of maximum $100k is only allow once up to the 10thgame and the hidden bet of maximum $50k is on last two 11th and 12th game...before the game start..i keep reminding myself of the kiasu discipline...
meaning to apply the minimum bet of $2k all the way if i strike on my secret bet of $100k
into the 3rd game in my secret bet i put the maximum $100k on player and hallelujah it came out player..
happy like mad..i have $200k+ and then after that throughout the game i just apply the kiasu discipline betting the minimum
$2k..sit there shake leg and let rest of the contestant slug it out among themselves..in the end i emerge as the highest amount and went
to qualify into the quarter final..i'm really convince the kiasu tatics works perfectly.:biggrin:

In the quarter final hallelujah again the kiasu discipline works and i'm on cloud nine.

I am now more than convince the word kiasu is very powerful and unbeatable and i am one step away from the final with a guarantee
prizemoney of rm10k for all finalist.
In the semi final the same kiasu discipline and just before the final game(12th game)the pit manager will read out the amount of monies
the six semi finalists had and again i had the highest $205k which put me in pole position to win,the rest of them are seeing stars except
for one msian aunty who had $158k who still had a fighting chance to beat me..again i was on cloud nine happy like mad..
and into the final game on the piece of paper which is call the hidden bet..and without hesitation i write $2k which is the minimum bet
on player and as the pit manager read out my bet..and all of a sudden i can hear the spectators behind me talking aloud
remarks in cantonese like aiya why are you so stupid,sor chye..dui..the reason is because aunty go for broke with a maximum bet
of $50k on player and to my horror i realise that if it comes out player aunty will beat me by $1k..

it really came out player and i am so damn malu and everyone nod in agreement that i am really a sor chye.
it was a miscalculation on my part because i had been so use to applying the kiasu discipline throughout the tournament.

Checked out of genting on friday driving out of the car park..this time the word kiasi pop out..
my wife reminded me about the bus that plunge down the ravine and this is the ghost festival and i don't want to die
so drive slowly hor she says..
throughout the journey downhill and along the highway...her constant nagging reminder of the ghost festival
just to keep both of us staying alive(kiasi)..and my kiasuism at the tournatment stressed me out..

Seriously guys and gals the words kiasu and kiasi mentality totally burned me out,it wasn't in my dictionary at all when
i was in my youth...ARGHHHHHHH...i seriously needed to de-stress..

or go for a happy ending..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you can't win on being kiasu

you only win the first them when you are with a bunch of losers.

when you are up with the unsinkified type, kiasuism will lose.