• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT - The free buses during their were offered out of goodwill. KNN.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some commuters also wondered why free bus shuttles were only activated during the evening peak period.

Asked why the operator did not activate shuttle buses in the morning, SBS Transit spokesperson Tammy Tan told Channel NewsAsia that bridging services are not offered when train services are running. But buses were deployed in the evening as a goodwill gesture so that commuters were not unduly inconvenienced.

When contacted, a Land Transport Authority spokesperson said it is monitoring the incident "very closely" with SBS Transit, and would send a team of engineers to help in the supervision of repairs.

- http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120818-0000060/Lengthy-delays-on-North-East-Line

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Firstly it is not SMRT but SBS Transit, not the same management.

What happened was they keep telling passengers that it will be repaired in 8 minutes, then later another 10 minutes until the wait became 2 hours. Commuters are left waiting when they could have left the train and gone home or to their workplace within that 2 hour wait. Bloody SBS Transit causes so much distress to the commuters.

CoatiMundi

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's with the term "Goodwill Ambassadors". WTF? Like that really makes me as a commuter feel better when SMRT/SBS f**k up.
Just lackeys shipped in for damage limitation.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought last time they say if 1 hour delay, then they deploy buses? No meh?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought last time they say if 1 hour delay, then they deploy buses? No meh?

Who said?? all forgotten already!

Is it true, you can get a chit from Train Operators that you are late for work, due to the train breakdown?? I have encountered train breakdown on the NEL, there was a delay between two stations, there were no announcement on their displays nor over the PA system, I went through the turnstiles to go down to the platform to discover a huge crowd!!, there you get a train breakdown messages on the display, & informing commuter...xx minutes, waited for 35 minutes, and the commuters keep coming in from above...eventually for my own safetly I went up the escalators & out of station...there was a news reporting later in the evening..of course the "P" press slanted the news that it sounded good...truth was they were around like "headless chicken"..

I still shudder! each & every time I take the train...our lives are in the hands of these incompetent people...the providers, LTA & upwards!! SHUDDER!!:mad: