• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SMRT Staff To Do The Heavy Lifting Alone! No Special Day Off, No Fat Bonuses Unlike Management!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PM-Visit-139_L.jpg

SINGAPORE — Urging SMRT staff to view last month’s tunnel flooding that crippled the North-South Line as a “turning point”, Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan on Tuesday (Nov 14) said the incident could happen to other organisations.

“Oct 7 happened to SMRT...but it could happen to other organisations too. In every large organisation, there will be some black sheep. Our job is to identify them, counsel them, give them opportunities to shape up, and if they cannot, get them to part company,” he said at the launch of the Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Day. “What we should not do is to turn a blind eye to their act.”

He reserved harsh words for the “small” group of SMRT workers that had let commuters down, saying they had negated the good work of others and brought disrepute to other transport workers.

“They have also tarnished the reputation of Singapore and Singaporeans,” added Mr Khaw, who is also Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure.

Investigations found that the floods on Oct 7 were the result of poor maintenance of the flood protection system that had been masked by falsified records.

Six members, and another seven managerial staff, of SMRT’s Building and Facilities Maintenance group responsible for the maintenance of the pump system at Bishan MRT Station have been suspended.

Mr Khaw urged SMRT staff members to move on from the episode.

“We cannot change the past…but let (Oct 7) be the turning point after which all SMRT staff dedicate their 100 per cent to their public responsibility to make SMRT train services reliable again,” he said.

Noting that “the heavy lifting must be done by SMRT staff”, Mr Khaw said that he was certain others, including commuters, would show their support.

The 22,000 public transport workers “deserve our respect and applause”, said Mr Khaw.

“You have joined a noble profession … the vast majority of you are honest, diligent, responsible and dedicated to your responsibilities,” he added.

The minister also called on commuters to be “grateful” to the “silent, every day heroes who make our daily trips possible”. Daily bus and rail rides have increased by 30 per cent over the last five years to nearly 8 million daily.

The inaugural Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Day was jointly organised by the Land Transport Authority, the National Transport Workers’ Union, as well as the four public transport operators.

Public transport workers at the event, held at Bedok Town Square, said the day served to recognise their contributions and to enable the public to understand what their jobs entail.

Bus service mentor at Go-Ahead Singapore, Md Ahzman Tumin, told TODAY it should be a regular event.

SBS Transit customer service officer Roy Ong, 61, said: “Hopefully… after knowing what we do (and the sacrifices we make), they will appreciate what we are doing.”

Mr Ong has been with the operator for eight years.

Tower Transit bus captain Rickee Ng, 64, noted other professionals, like nurses or secretaries, have special days or weeks.

“If (public) transport workers go off for a day, everything stands still. (We) are actually the movers of the economy,” he said. “Finally, (public) transport workers (have) come to the fore.”

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...orkers-urges-smrt-staff-move-flooding-episode

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say why khaw want to curse other organsization ? he should just say "pie a kee, ho a lai" instead of what turning point.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fucking train faults today! Maintenance crew to have their bonuses further cut. If no more bonuses left to cut, then cut their pays. Or cut them loose entirely. I entreat General CEO Desmond Kuek to do the right thing and take the maintenance crew to task.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking train faults today! Maintenance crew to have their bonuses further cut. If no more bonuses left to cut, then cut their pays. Or cut them loose entirely. I entreat General CEO Desmond Kuek to do the right thing and take the maintenance crew to task.

Can you tell Desmond who has his barrel up his #@#% place, that, my boss, says, I am giving too many excuses this month on why I am late for work, each time, it is the train breakdown. He says, he will do some heavy lifting soon...that is lift my balls & throw me, out of the door. Please inform Desmond who has his barrel up his %$%#%^ place, to be on the ball.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk so much for what.Enought of talking ,do it .Just do the right and honourable thing -harakri.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as i’ve posted before with various images, the heavy lifting is mostly done by malay workers while a single sinkie chink uncle idles and looks clueless on the sidelines.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your uncle appeared to be a very knowledgeable and wise person.

All these old uncles are very wise, like this wise religious man of a certain race, was seen, going to Yantgtze Theatre to watch a RA movie. When asked, he said " he went in to study the sinfulness of the movie"...all old uncles are very wise!!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now train collision with 23 injured-a new turning point.
I dread to hear of the next turning point-collision at full speed?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these old uncles are very wise, like this wise religious man of a certain race, was seen, going to Yantgtze Theatre to watch a RA movie. When asked, he said " he went in to study the sinfulness of the movie"...all old uncles are very wise!!
my uncle say he don't go to Yangtze movie but he say he go nearby for jua gen . His wife (my auntie) allows him to go as he say jua gen is good for them to have sexual relation later.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
... but DK and all his kakis dun listen...dun hack care what your uncle says..... and still collect their M$$$ salaries
my uncle sat DK and kakis have to ignore what he say or else they cannot collect millions anymore if his boss know.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my uncle say he don't go to Yangtze movie but he say he go nearby for jua gen . His wife (my auntie) allows him to go as he say jua gen is good for them to have sexual relation later.
Your auntie very understanding, usually on the jua gen menu, is the dish, called “买下面”; old uncle usually try, for they say, it is good for their rheumatism.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your uncle really eat salt more than we eat rice :wink:

your uncle certainly eat salt more than we eat rice :smile:

Eat too much salt you get high blood pressure, eat too much rice, you get diabetes, so, how? eat salt more or eat rice more?