• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT provides free buffet to appease disgruntled PRC bus drivers (in Chinese)

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buffet for the Ah Tiongs..

But not even a packet of Nasi Lemak for the local drivers..
[/B]

Well, if this is the way our leaders work - appease the disgruntled lot with buffet, etc... they are doing it wrongly as the locals and Malaysian drivers will now become sore.
Put any forummer in the position as Chief. What he or she would wisely do is TO GET RID OF THESE COMMIES before they sow discord here.
Hire locals. Pay locals high salaries and introduce shorter working hours.
Throw in other fringe benefits.
So much can be done.
Everyone wants good working conditions and salary - even those in Cabinet.
Practice what you preach. Simple as that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These things are done in poor taste. Whose idiotic advice is this. I am sure the PRC drivers are not in the mood as they have lost their countrymen.This is not a celebration nor are they homeless and penniless. They have their dignity and free food is quite demeaning at a time like this. They are attending I am sure to avoid deportation.

When the dust has settled and relations improve and some accommodation is reached then you can throw a dinner.

I was scratching my head when I was reading this? " what were they thinking about", buffet is like the song "can't buy me love"! I have been on both side of the "fence", so I know it feel likel & I have managed not only these "ah tiongs" before, but more, like an "united nation" so to speak.

These people are really , really that far from the ground and is looking still at the problem, from the other end of the telescope, which the best view now, would be the microscope, which would give the best perspective.

What about the rest of the workers? the Malaysians? the whatever Nationalities they employ..the SINGAPOREANS, have they ever given them a buffet or thee CEO came down to the depot & shake their hands or even sit in their canteens and stir "teh or kopi O" with them??

What are they thinking? "I scratch my head"...:p

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[/B[/SIZE]]

Well, if this is the way our leaders work - appease the disgruntled lot with buffet, etc... they are doing it wrongly as the locals and Malaysian drivers will now become sore.
Put any forummer in the position as Chief. What he or she would wisely do is TO GET RID OF THESE COMMIES before they sow discord here.
Hire locals. Pay locals high salaries and introduce shorter working hours.
Throw in other fringe benefits.
So much can be done.
Everyone wants good working conditions and salary - even those in Cabinet.
Practice what you preach. Simple as that.

Agree with your points.. As I had said in the other thread last nite, these money leeching SBS and SMRT top scums can well afford to offer a slightly higher starting salary to entice the locals to work as drivers for them..

They're making millions in profits every year.. With their countless millions, SMRT and SBS will not go bankkrupt if they increase the salaries of the local drivers and offer a good starting pay to attract interested local applicants..

Driving a bus and ferrying passengers safely is an important, tiring and stressful job.. These drivers put in alot of efforts to ensure the safety of their passengers..Offer them a pay of at least 2.2K a month not including overtime and shift allowances.. Give them a 2 days off a week.. Give them good bonuses and an accident free bonus at the end of the year.. These type of benefits will attract more locals to the job and we won't have to put with these Commie FT scums dictating their terms anymore..

TemasekIsSickening

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your points.. As I had said in the other thread last nite, these money leeching SBS and SMRT top scums can well afford to offer a slightly higher starting salary to entice the locals to work as drivers for them..

They're making millions in profits every year.. With their countless millions, SMRT and SBS will not go bankkrupt if they increase the salaries of the local drivers and offer a good starting pay to attract interested local applicants..

Driving a bus and ferrying passengers safely is an important, tiring and stressful job.. These drivers put in alot of efforts to ensure the safety of their passengers..Offer them a pay of at least 2.2K a month not including overtime and shift allowances.. Give them a 2 days off a week.. Give them good bonuses and an accident free bonus at the end of the year.. These type of benefits will attract more locals to the job and we won't have to put with these Commie FT scums dictating their terms anymore..

Well said Zeddy.
2.2K nett per month plus other fringe benefits that you mentioned will surely attract people to drive buses.
Many locals will get hired and dependence on FTs will become a thing of the past.
I certainly hope that those reading this write-ups and suggestions from concerned fellow citizens, especially those from the transport operator will act wisely and implement it as soon as possible.
Compared to Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and other 3rd world ASEAN states, cost of living here is high. To bring food on the table and accede to other requests from school-going kids is an onerous task upon these "poor CAPTAINS".
The whole world knows that tiny Singapore is a expensive destination with prices of hotels and at food centres so high.
I remember one Aussie friend telling me, "The F@*@king prices of Fags and booze is exorbitantly high in your country".
Those in the corridors of powers should not "conveniently" forget this noble truths.
Driving a bus is not joke, especially the long hours and attendant overtime and the thousands of commuters packed into such utilities.
Past experience have proven that disgruntled pilots have brought down loaded planes and its occupants to DEATH.
We should value the lives of the people that are being governed.
If animals are so well treated here why not our own human species............