• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT bus burst into flames at Woodlands (many pics)

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT bus bursts into flames at Woodlands
The bus driver did not realise that the bus caught fire until someone pointed it out to him.

Tue, Jul 17, 2012
AsiaOne

SMRT bus service number 913 caught fire when it was travelling from Woodlands Circle towards Woodlands Regional Interchange on Sunday night around 11.30pm.
There were no passengers on board the bus when the incident happened.

According to an eyewitness account in citizen journalism website Stomp, the bus driver did not realise that the bus caught fire until someone pointed it out to him.

Another witness added: "There were about three explosions before the bus caught fire. I saw a large crowd gathered at the area."

SMRT told AsiaOne that the rear engine compartment of the bus had caught fire.

An ambulance was activated to assist the bus driver who felt unwell from smoke inhalation, said SMRT. He was conveyed to the hospital in a conscious state at around 12.30am.

SMRT also said that it is investigating the cause of the incident.

"Luckily, there weren't any passengers.

"SMRT should do something as the public would feel insecure to ride in public transport in the future," said Stomp contributor Inana.

[email protected]

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

pic14.jpg

pic15.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember that Spore buses would often catch fire on a regular basis. The authorities never truely explained the cause or if a fixes had been carried out. Whether these were "honest mistakes" or sabotage?

With all the problems with the trains I don't think they can keep on sweeping these mysterious cases under the carpet.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you like the heat? We are not even into half time yet for Singapore's hottest summer to date. I told it was coming before it came. I am telling you when it is here and I am giving you preview of more heat to COME! This is better than some stupid game with 22 idiots running around of one lumpar or a united federation of idiots acting like clowns at an event with 5 lumpars chained together. The show is in SGP!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World crass public transport system.

Uniquely Sinkapoor.

Puts me in a great mood for Aug 9.

It's a most fitting gift and tribute to this cuntry.

More disasters, accidents, tragedies, mishaps and scandals please.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT bus eh?

The driver could have been one of the geniuses in this pic.

smrtnanjing.jpg

"SMRT should do something as the public would feel insecure to ride in public transport in the future," said Stomp contributor Inana.

I've already said that travel insurance should be bought when you're taking public transport. There's no guarantee that your life and limb will be intact upon reaching your destination. Even taking a ride on taxis is not safe. You never know when another speeding Tiong erdaifu rams his luxury vehicle into the passenger backseat, turning you into instant bak chor.