• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT And TIBS Must Increase Bus Fares To Improve Standards

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been brought to my attention that our country's bus service standards are slipping as a result of increase in operational costs due to high fuel prices which result in less quality control.

It is high time these problems need to be solved by increasing our nation's bus fares. With an increase in bus fares, I am confident that our bus system will be the best in the world.

You have to remember fuel prices has increase by 400% whereas the bus fares have remain largely unchanged. We must increase the bus fares to keep up the standards.

Last edited:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bus driver stops on road shoulder and hurls vulgarities at passengers

STOMPer Jen says a bus driver stopped on the road shoulder twice to scold his passengers as the 'Bus Stopping' sign kept on flashing.

She says:

"I boarded this supercrowded bus 27 on 31/08/08 at about 11.40am from the bus stop at Punggol Road.

"It turned into the TPE to go to IKEA Tampines.

"Along the way this bus driver stopped his bus at the road shoulder twice and stood up to scold the passengers loudly as the BUS STOPPING sign kept on flashing.

"He was shouting loudly to the passengers to stop pressing the handicap bell.

"He even called his company through the speaker phone and switched it on loudly so that everybody in the bus could hear.

"The lady on the other line told him to just continue driving to the next bus stop and the bus inspector would board the bus to resolve the matter for him.

"But he stood up again and shouted at the passengers and threatened them that the bus inspector would come up and catch them, and even hurled vulgarities at the passengers.

"He finally moved off some time later after he finished his scolding."

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted on 04 Sep, 2008 14:21
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>It's even faster to walk

STOMPer Jan was amused by the 58mins waiting time for bus no. 175.

STOMPer says:

“This was taken at the bus stop behind Orchard MRT station at 7.04pm.

“It’s even faster to walk!”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted on 03 Sep, 2008 17:43
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>It takes 91 min to catch bus no. 61

A STOMPer was relieved he was not taking bus no. 61 when he saw that it would take 91 min to arrive.

“The bus notification board stated that it would be 91 min for bus no. 61 to arrive.

“It went from 95 min, to 93 min and then to 91 min when I snapped this picture.

“Luckily I was not waiting for this bus, if not I would have waited for so long.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBS Transit books a H1 profit at S$357.1m

SINGAPORE: SBS Transit has reported a 31.3 per cent drop in first half earnings – hurt by higher fuel and electricity costs. Profit for the six months ended June came in at S$357.1 million.

Due to higher energy prices, fuel and electricity costs for the period jumped 63.8 per cent to S$92.5 million.

Revenue, on the other hand, rose 8.5 per cent to S$357.1 million, thanks to higher bus and rail fare income.

SBS Transit expects revenue from bus and rail operations to improve with the growth in ridership.

However, the group remains cautious as staff costs, repairs and maintenance expenses are likely to increase, while fuel and electricity costs remain volatile.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are saying that bus fares must be increased by 63.8%. I think that is a bit too harsh. 30% would be more acceptable.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are saying that bus fares must be increased by 63.8%. I think that is a bit too harsh. 30% would be more acceptable.

1,000,000% lagi better. Increase until the Peasants u hate so much revolt and topple your owner and trample its running dogs to DEATH.

marbles

Alfrescian
Loyal
all the public transport system is owned by the gov.its a freaking MONOPOLY.

which part of monopoly do you not understand?

in a monopoly,u make money either way.so tell me,increasing prices just because fuel prices go up to defray cost,where is the logic??

ever heard of stock valuation concept?or u telling me the transport company is valuing their stockade of oil at replacement value?bullshit.

you don't see them reducing transport cost when fuel prices go down.so what justification have they got?or do they simply employ whatever accounting policy to suit their needs???

last i heard,creative accounting can result in an open and grand invitation to changi hotel.or you telling me the glc are not accountable to the public???

damn the transport company and thier transport hikes.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has been brought to my attention that our country's bus service standards are slipping as a result of increase in operational costs due to high fuel prices which result in less quality control.

It is high time these problems need to be solved by increasing our nation's bus fares. With an increase in bus fares, I am confident that our bus system will be the best in the world.

You have to remember fuel prices has increase by 400% whereas the bus fares have remain largely unchanged. We must increase the bus fares to keep up the standards.

What you say os true. If only the 3/4 tank rule is removed and we can purchase fuel in Malaysia, it should reduce the high fuel prices.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is the prove 400% fuel increase. Only increase by about 70% compare to 10 years ago in pump price not compare to Petroleum proce.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clinton666 never fails to amaze me with his interpretation or shall I say "distortion" :p of facts and figures. :biggrin::p:biggrin: