• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Smelly Filthy Shitskin is offended that passenger moved away to another seat after he sat down.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me doubt that it was due to racism. Those who called such incidents do not know what really is racism, as practiced in other nations, where it will not be the dark skinned Human that will get a seat, but will be verbally abused to get off the train, supported by others, even station managers, with protests being held to ban such fellow Humans from taking the train.

Here in Singapore where ALL - local or foreign guests - are equal, the only thing of color that interest us is the color of the notes in one's wallet, & not the skin. The reason why the lady got up and moved away could be many reasons - such as stereotyping, smells, incessant talking on phone or to others, loud music from one's phone, selfish manspreading, etc, & may even because she respects the elderly & got up to let another take the seat. Thus, there is no need to be too sensitive. This is Singapore.

To the one whom feels offended, just know that you are an equal AND do not have to worry about HOW others think about you. No one else can live your life, only you can. So long as you had been considerate, observed norms, the seat is yours, be comfortable & have a pleasant ride. We Singaporeans worked hard everyday, have MORE on our minds than be bothered about minor issues such as incidents of these manner.

To the one who got up, it may had been various reasons as listed. It is your right to do so, & need not worry about how others feel or think about you. It's your life to live. Just be comfortable & have a pleasant ride, than to be uncomfortable for the rest of the journey, which may take more than an hour in the enclosed space from Pasir Ris to Tuas. We have MORE important issues to ponder upon than mere trivialities such as these incidents.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to admit sometime I moved away. Especially Indian who wear black shirts that stink or someone who has strong body odor or they talking non-stop. I think it is perfectly fine to move away, rather than scold people for sitting next to you.

jw5

Loyal
I have to admit sometime I moved away. Especially Indian who wear black shirts that stink or someone who has strong body odor or they talking non-stop. I think it is perfectly fine to move away, rather than scold people for sitting next to you.

Those who scold people for sitting next to you are the same as those who scold people for moving away. This type of people should buy a car and stop taking public transport because they are princes and princesses. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very soon it will be an offence to change seats in public transport - as you will offend the person next to you A $300 fine will be in line with what PAP has been doing .
Sometimes I wonder who is in charge when even changing seats is an issue