• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SM Goh - lets pay Tin Pei Ling $14k to learn la

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give Tin Pei Ling time to correct image: SM
By Jermyn Chow
New PAP candidate Tin Pei Ling (centre) greeting patrons at the hawker centre in Block 89, Circuit Road yesterday during a walkabout with Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong. Mr Goh said his younger Marine Parade GRC teammate is popular with older people. -- ST PHOTO: ASHLEIGH SIM

NETIZENS and young people may have a negative impression of the People's Action Party's (PAP) youngest candidate Tin Pei Ling, but she will win them over in time, said Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong.

'Just give her time,' said Mr Goh, who is leading a five-member team that includes the 27-year-old to contest Marine Parade GRC against the National Solidarity Party (NSP).

Since the business consultant was unveiled as a new PAP candidate on March 28, she has been a lightning rod for criticism, especially after personal pictures of her, such as one in which she poses with a Kate Spade box, were posted on various websites and blogs.

Netizens also scrutinised and slammed her responses to media questions, and asked what someone her age can do for voters.

Saying that the portrayal of Ms Tin is unfair, SM Goh added that if elected, she would work on 'correcting the wrong image that netizens have given her'.

But what is more crucial, he added, is whether she can tackle the livelihood issues of MacPherson constituents.

SM Goh, 69, said his younger teammate is popular with older people, who regard her 'as a daughter'.

The veteran politician was speaking to reporters after a walkabout with Ms Tin in MacPherson.

The ward has more than 22,000 voters, with nearly 50 per cent older than 50 and more than 60 per cent living in three-room or smaller flats.

Ms Tin said she has built a positive rapport with the elderly. For instance, they are approaching her for help in solving their housing woes.

During the three-hour walk around MacPherson, older residents like Madam Fun Kiok Yin were seen approaching SM Goh and Ms Tin.

Madam Fun, 70, told The Straits Times: 'I have seen her more than twice walking around and chatting with residents. Though she is young, she seems really comfortable.'

Ms Tin spelt out what she would do for MacPherson residents. Her plans include wellness programmes to keep the elderly active, and ensure they have easy access to facilities and basic health care.

On how she would change her image with young people, Ms Tin said in Mandarin: 'I hope, through my actions, I will gain the trust of youth... and change their impression of me.'

Meanwhile, SM Goh said he is confident of winning the support of older Marine Parade GRC voters ahead of the May 7 polls.

But he cannot say the same about the younger population. 'That group, they are open, they assess the candidates and their policies before they decide, and they probably will decide at the last minute.'

Mr Goh reminded them that their votes are important as they determine their future: 'Don't just go on the basis of what you hear during the elections. The day after elections, what will happen? Who will look after the estate?'

Still, Mr Goh is 'quite comfortable' about the ground sentiments, partly because the NSP has not been active on the ground.

Also, the online buzz is only on NSP's 24-year-old candidate Nicole Seah.

'They have just one attraction, the rest are just being carried along... If the people in Marine Parade GRC vote for that team and I'm out, I think Singapore will be in deep trouble. It's as simple as that.'

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>SM Goh, 69, said his younger teammate is popular with older people, who regard her 'as a daughter'.<<

U can always count on Wooden Goh for a good joke.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Tin said she has built a positive rapport with the elderly. For instance, they are approaching her for help in solving their housing woes.

Liar, liar! Pants on fire! Not even an MP yet can help people with housing woes? Where, her bedroom?

Yes Tin Pei Ling, I will give you time to learn how to suck cock!:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited: