• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Slumbawang New Estate Overflowing With Trash! PAP To Take Out The Trash!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1641598904921.png

SINGAPORE - Lurking cockroaches and used face masks were among foul-smelling trash spilling out of rubbish chutes that greeted some residents in Canberra Crescent at their common corridors earlier this week.

A Sembawang Town Council spokesman said its newly appointed waste collection company had faced a refuse collection problem.

Residents living on the lower floors of blocks 131B and 131C told The Straits Times on Friday (Jan 7) that the common rubbish chutes had been choked up to the third floor for several days from Monday.

"I saw a few cockroaches at the chute area yesterday and there was a rotting smell, though I think someone cleaned it up this morning," said a resident living on the second floor of Block 131C who wanted to be known only as Ms Oh.

"It was quite worrying because I have a newborn baby boy and our unit is near the chute," said Ms Oh, who is 34 and unemployed.

Her neighbour on the same floor, who gave his name as Mr Cheong, 49, said the chutes were "jammed" and could not be opened for around three days.

"Rubbish bins were left there as a temporary solution so that residents didn't have to leave bags of trash on the ground," he said.

Ms Neo, a resident in Block 131B, said: "I suspect no cleaners came to clear it because I didn't see the rubbish truck for the past few days."

Added the second-floor resident who declined to give her full name: "My biggest concern was seeing used face masks sticking out of the chute because that's a common area where the virus might spread."

The town council spokesman said the refuse was collected on Thursday and that it is closely monitoring the situation with the National Environment Agency.

"The overflowing rubbish at Block 131C Canberra Crescent was due to the refuse collection problem faced by the newly appointed public waste collector, which took over the refuse waste collection in Sembawang GRC effective from Jan 1," the spokesman said.

The town council did not respond to queries on what the refuse collection problem was.

When ST visited the two blocks between 4pm and 5.30pm on Friday, the rubbish chute areas were clean and there was no stench.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...scent-blocks-due-to-refuse-collection-problem

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms Neo, a resident in Block 131B, said: "I suspect no cleaners came to clear it because I didn't see the rubbish truck for the past few days."

Town council running out of money? Can't expect others to work for free. Or you can force the HDB peasants to do area cleaning, just like you forced them to return hawker centre trays. :sneaky:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought PAP-run HDB estates are very clean? Even the lift door frames have been smeared with Dettol. :thumbsup:

EQgUhFOUUAACvXl.jpg

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the Minister-in-Charge of Productivity...please take note 7 headcount to clean 1 small lift ??

1641614115024.png

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
This butch, she looks like a carpet lover.
John Tan can arrange to have her carpet flogged?

1641615006851.jpeg
giphy.gif

Last edited: