• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies love Coffee Shops

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've done it!!!! I've finally balanced the traffic between the elections and the coffee shop folder.:biggrin:

It was so simple... all I had to do was add the words "coffee shop" to the politics/elections section and presto.... everyone swarmed there like bees to honey. :p

The downside?... It'll only last a day or so and it'll go out of kilter again!:rolleyes:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mai hao lian lah! You are just merely ceding to the wishes of the masses of 21 members online (last checked). :rolleyes:

I've done it!!!! I've finally balanced the traffic between the elections and the coffee shop folder.:biggrin:

It was so simple... all I had to do was add the words "coffee shop" to the politics/elections section and presto.... everyone swarmed there like bees to honey. :p

The downside?... It'll only last a day or so and it'll out of kilter again!:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Mai hao liao lah! You are just merely ceding to the wishes of the masses of 21 members online (last checked). :rolleyes:

The forum is a stage and actors are inspired when they get to perform to a large audience. The lurkers are an integral part of any forum.

jw5

Loyal

The downside?... It'll only last a day or so and it'll go out of kilter again!:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be more interesting for you to move the posts?
It would be more time-consuming, but the pleasurable effects of watching the forummer looking for his thread would outweigh that, would it not? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about just merging the politics and kopi tiam folders. If merged, no need to move threads, no need to worry which folder has more visitors..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How about just merging the politics and kopi tiam folders. If merged, no need to move threads, no need to worry which folder has more visitors..

Once a thread disappears from the first page, it loses momentum and gets buried in the "archives" very quickly.

All I'm trying to do is even out the distribution of those who want to talk about the election and those who simply want to gossip about life in general. The ratio between the two is about 50/50 already but because everyone is posting in the same sub forum, page one threads quickly disappear... especially after a flood of copy and pastes from you know who.

If I can balance the distribution more evenly, there should be an overall gain in the participation levels. There are loads of lurkers. If they can be persuaded to sign up and participate, things will get even more lively.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Once a thread disappears from the first page, it loses momentum and gets buried in the "archives" very quickly.

All I'm trying to do is even out the distribution of those who want to talk about the election and those who simply want to gossip about life in general. The ratio between the two is about 50/50 already but because everyone is posting in the same sub forum, page one threads quickly disappear... especially after a flood of copy and pastes from you know who.

If I can balance the distribution more evenly, there should be an overall gain in the participation levels. There are loads of lurkers. If they can be persuaded to sign up and participate, things will get even more lively.

Whatever lah. But please don't suka suka change here and there, its confusing.